Warning: Dell Laptops Have Built in Keyloggers

Last response: in Computer Brands
Share
June 21, 2005 6:34:19 PM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,us.legal (More info?)

I was opening up my almost brand new Dell 600m laptop, to replace a
broken PCMCIA slot riser on the motherboard. As soon as I got the
keyboard off, I noticed a small cable running from the keyboard
connection underneath a piece of metal protecting the motherboard.

I figured "No Big Deal", and continued with the dissasembly. But when
I got the metal panels off, I saw a small white heatshink-wrapped
package. Being ever-curious, I sliced the heatshrink open. I found a
little circuit board inside.

Being an EE by trade, this piqued my curiosity considerably. On one
side of the board, one Atmel AT45D041A four megabit Flash memory chip.

On the other side, one Microchip Technology PIC16F876 Programmable
Interrupt Controller, along with a little Fairchild Semiconductor
CD4066BCM quad bilateral switch.

Looking further, I saw that the other end of the cable was connected
to the integrated ethernet board.

What could this mean? I called Dell tech support about it, and they
said, and I quote, "The intregrated service tag identifier is there
for assisting customers in the event of lost or misplaced personal
information." He then hung up.

A little more research, and I found that that board spliced in between
the keyboard and the ethernet chip is little more than a Keyghost
hardware keylogger.

The reasons Dell would put this in thier laptops can only be left up
to your imagination. It would be very impractical to hand-anylze the
logs, and very CPU-intensive to do so on a computer for every person
that purchased a dell laptop. Why are these keyloggers here? I
recently almost found out.

I called the police, as having a keylogger unknown to me in my laptop
is a serious offense. They told me to call the Department of Homeland
Security. At this point, I am in disbelief. Why would the DHS have a
keylogger in my laptop? It was surreal.

So I called them, and they told me to submit a Freedom of Information
Act request. This is what I got back:

See site for pics & proof:
http://c0x2.de/lol/lol.html
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 21, 2005 7:37:54 PM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,us.legal (More info?)

Good imagination. For a troll.

--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."

"Andrew" <hal@jsszm.com> wrote in message

> I was opening up my almost brand new Dell 600m laptop, to replace a
> broken PCMCIA slot riser on the motherboard. As soon as I got the
> keyboard off, I noticed a small cable running from the keyboard
> connection underneath a piece of metal protecting the motherboard.
>
> I figured "No Big Deal", and continued with the dissasembly. But when
> I got the metal panels off, I saw a small white heatshink-wrapped
> package. Being ever-curious, I sliced the heatshrink open. I found a
> little circuit board inside.
>
> Being an EE by trade, this piqued my curiosity considerably. On one
> side of the board, one Atmel AT45D041A four megabit Flash memory chip.
>
> On the other side, one Microchip Technology PIC16F876 Programmable
> Interrupt Controller, along with a little Fairchild Semiconductor
> CD4066BCM quad bilateral switch.
>
> Looking further, I saw that the other end of the cable was connected
> to the integrated ethernet board.
>
> What could this mean? I called Dell tech support about it, and they
> said, and I quote, "The intregrated service tag identifier is there
> for assisting customers in the event of lost or misplaced personal
> information." He then hung up.
>
> A little more research, and I found that that board spliced in between
> the keyboard and the ethernet chip is little more than a Keyghost
> hardware keylogger.
>
> The reasons Dell would put this in thier laptops can only be left up
> to your imagination. It would be very impractical to hand-anylze the
> logs, and very CPU-intensive to do so on a computer for every person
> that purchased a dell laptop. Why are these keyloggers here? I
> recently almost found out.
>
> I called the police, as having a keylogger unknown to me in my laptop
> is a serious offense. They told me to call the Department of Homeland
> Security. At this point, I am in disbelief. Why would the DHS have a
> keylogger in my laptop? It was surreal.
>
> So I called them, and they told me to submit a Freedom of Information
> Act request. This is what I got back:
>
> See site for pics & proof:
> http://c0x2.de/lol/lol.html

June 21, 2005 7:50:26 PM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,us.legal (More info?)

great piece of fiction..
"Andrew" <hal@jsszm.com> wrote in message

> I was opening up my almost brand new Dell 600m laptop, to replace a
> broken PCMCIA slot riser on the motherboard. As soon as I got the
> keyboard off, I noticed a small cable running from the keyboard
> connection underneath a piece of metal protecting the motherboard.
>
> I figured "No Big Deal", and continued with the dissasembly. But when
> I got the metal panels off, I saw a small white heatshink-wrapped
> package. Being ever-curious, I sliced the heatshrink open. I found a
> little circuit board inside.
>
> Being an EE by trade, this piqued my curiosity considerably. On one
> side of the board, one Atmel AT45D041A four megabit Flash memory chip.
>
> On the other side, one Microchip Technology PIC16F876 Programmable
> Interrupt Controller, along with a little Fairchild Semiconductor
> CD4066BCM quad bilateral switch.
>
> Looking further, I saw that the other end of the cable was connected
> to the integrated ethernet board.
>
> What could this mean? I called Dell tech support about it, and they
> said, and I quote, "The intregrated service tag identifier is there
> for assisting customers in the event of lost or misplaced personal
> information." He then hung up.
>
> A little more research, and I found that that board spliced in between
> the keyboard and the ethernet chip is little more than a Keyghost
> hardware keylogger.
>
> The reasons Dell would put this in thier laptops can only be left up
> to your imagination. It would be very impractical to hand-anylze the
> logs, and very CPU-intensive to do so on a computer for every person
> that purchased a dell laptop. Why are these keyloggers here? I
> recently almost found out.
>
> I called the police, as having a keylogger unknown to me in my laptop
> is a serious offense. They told me to call the Department of Homeland
> Security. At this point, I am in disbelief. Why would the DHS have a
> keylogger in my laptop? It was surreal.
>
> So I called them, and they told me to submit a Freedom of Information
> Act request. This is what I got back:
>
> See site for pics & proof:
> http://c0x2.de/lol/lol.html

a b D Laptop
June 21, 2005 9:14:30 PM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,us.legal (More info?)

Uh! Oh! You found out. Now you know what we are going to do to you.

Any secret agent with a license to kill is requested to submit a bid to the
Department of Homeland Security. Request for Proposals for alternate
solutions will not be accepted. Bids due by June 30th. Contract award is
expected to be issued by July 15 and completion of contract by July 30 is
mandatory. The DHS is an equal opportunity M/F US/Russia employer and all
contractors must provide evidence of non-discrimination both as to employees
and victims.

<title deleted for security reasons>
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 21, 2005 11:53:07 PM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,us.legal (More info?)

Andrew;
"I was opening up my almost brand new..."
Really?

Your hoax is old news, it has been here and other places before:
http://www.snopes.com/computer/internet/dellbug.asp

--
Jupiter Jones
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"Andrew" <hal@jsszm.com> wrote in message

> I was opening up my almost brand new Dell 600m laptop, to replace a
> broken PCMCIA slot riser on the motherboard. As soon as I got the
> keyboard off, I noticed a small cable running from the keyboard
> connection underneath a piece of metal protecting the motherboard.
>
> I figured "No Big Deal", and continued with the dissasembly. But when
> I got the metal panels off, I saw a small white heatshink-wrapped
> package. Being ever-curious, I sliced the heatshrink open. I found a
> little circuit board inside.
>
> Being an EE by trade, this piqued my curiosity considerably. On one
> side of the board, one Atmel AT45D041A four megabit Flash memory chip.
>
> On the other side, one Microchip Technology PIC16F876 Programmable
> Interrupt Controller, along with a little Fairchild Semiconductor
> CD4066BCM quad bilateral switch.
>
> Looking further, I saw that the other end of the cable was connected
> to the integrated ethernet board.
>
> What could this mean? I called Dell tech support about it, and they
> said, and I quote, "The intregrated service tag identifier is there
> for assisting customers in the event of lost or misplaced personal
> information." He then hung up.
>
> A little more research, and I found that that board spliced in between
> the keyboard and the ethernet chip is little more than a Keyghost
> hardware keylogger.
>
> The reasons Dell would put this in thier laptops can only be left up
> to your imagination. It would be very impractical to hand-anylze the
> logs, and very CPU-intensive to do so on a computer for every person
> that purchased a dell laptop. Why are these keyloggers here? I
> recently almost found out.
>
> I called the police, as having a keylogger unknown to me in my laptop
> is a serious offense. They told me to call the Department of Homeland
> Security. At this point, I am in disbelief. Why would the DHS have a
> keylogger in my laptop? It was surreal.
>
> So I called them, and they told me to submit a Freedom of Information
> Act request. This is what I got back:
>
> See site for pics & proof:
> http://c0x2.de/lol/lol.html

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 22, 2005 12:44:19 AM

Andrew wrote:

> See site for pics & proof:
> http://c0x2.de/lol/lol.html

Those LOL's say it all!

What an idiot.

Bob
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 22, 2005 3:28:51 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,us.legal (More info?)

Thats why I always wear my tinfoil hat when using my Dell laptop.

--
Bob Andrews

"Andrew" <hal@jsszm.com> wrote in message

<<<much foolishness sniped>>>
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 22, 2005 3:49:56 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,us.legal (More info?)

"Andrew" <hal@jsszm.com> wrote in message

> I was opening up my almost brand new Dell 600m laptop, to replace a
> broken PCMCIA slot riser on the motherboard. As soon as I got the
> keyboard off, I noticed a small cable running from the keyboard
> connection underneath a piece of metal protecting the motherboard.
>
> I figured "No Big Deal", and continued with the dissasembly. But when
> I got the metal panels off, I saw a small white heatshink-wrapped
> package. Being ever-curious, I sliced the heatshrink open. I found a
> little circuit board inside.
>
> Being an EE by trade, this piqued my curiosity considerably. On one
> side of the board, one Atmel AT45D041A four megabit Flash memory chip.
>
> On the other side, one Microchip Technology PIC16F876 Programmable
> Interrupt Controller, along with a little Fairchild Semiconductor
> CD4066BCM quad bilateral switch.
>
> Looking further, I saw that the other end of the cable was connected
> to the integrated ethernet board.
>
> What could this mean? I called Dell tech support about it, and they
> said, and I quote, "The intregrated service tag identifier is there
> for assisting customers in the event of lost or misplaced personal
> information." He then hung up.
>
> A little more research, and I found that that board spliced in between
> the keyboard and the ethernet chip is little more than a Keyghost
> hardware keylogger.
>
> The reasons Dell would put this in thier laptops can only be left up
> to your imagination. It would be very impractical to hand-anylze the
> logs, and very CPU-intensive to do so on a computer for every person
> that purchased a dell laptop. Why are these keyloggers here? I
> recently almost found out.
>
> I called the police, as having a keylogger unknown to me in my laptop
> is a serious offense. They told me to call the Department of Homeland
> Security. At this point, I am in disbelief. Why would the DHS have a
> keylogger in my laptop? It was surreal.
>
> So I called them, and they told me to submit a Freedom of Information
> Act request. This is what I got back:
>
> See site for pics & proof:
> http://c0x2.de/lol/lol.html

Find a dictionary; just about any dictionary will do. Now, look up the word
IDIOT. Hey...isn't that a picture of you?

Actually, you are listed elsewhere in the dictionary;

A**hole
Troll
Loser
Scumbag
Low-Life

And to top it all off, your trolling isn't even original...you stole it from
somewhere else. I used to think there was no lifeform lower than a troll,
but a troll who has to perjure in order to have something to troll with is a
new low.

I hope your computer melts.

Bobby
June 22, 2005 3:53:45 AM

<crosspost snipped>

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 23:28:51 GMT, in alt.sys.pc-clone.dell, "Bob Andrews"
<ehfl@juno.com> wrote:

>Thats why I always wear my tinfoil hat when using my Dell laptop.

Be careful not to sit close to any open windows: somebody in a black
helicopter might reach in and grab it!

--
Nick <mailto:tanstaafl@pobox.com>
Anonymous

Bob Andrews wrote:

> Thats why I always wear my tinfoil hat when using my Dell laptop.

Good thinking
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 22, 2005 5:29:14 AM

Nick wrote:

> <crosspost snipped>
>
> On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 23:28:51 GMT, in alt.sys.pc-clone.dell, "Bob Andrews"
> <ehfl@juno.com> wrote:
>

>>Thats why I always wear my tinfoil hat when using my Dell laptop.
>

> Be careful not to sit close to any open windows: somebody in a black
> helicopter might reach in and grab it!

They're stealing tinfoil hats??!!! I need to finish my copper lined
bunker ASAP!
June 22, 2005 3:48:12 PM

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 23:28:51 GMT, "Bob Andrews" <ehfl@juno.com> wrote:

>Thats why I always wear my tinfoil hat when using my Dell laptop.

Shinny side in or out?
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 22, 2005 6:59:49 PM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,us.legal (More info?)

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 22, 2005 9:12:07 PM

"Bill" <bgross@nospan.airmail.net> wrote in message
> On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 23:28:51 GMT, "Bob Andrews" <ehfl@juno.com> wrote:
>
> >Thats why I always wear my tinfoil hat when using my Dell laptop.
>
> Shinny side in or out?

You need two layers. Reflective sides out to reflect the brain scanners and
to keep your brainwaves contained.
I can't believe you had to ask. This was all in the last transmission from
Nebulon.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 22, 2005 9:16:29 PM

"Sparky Spartacus" <Sparky@universalexports.org> wrote in message
> Nick wrote:
>
> > <crosspost snipped>
> >
> > On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 23:28:51 GMT, in alt.sys.pc-clone.dell, "Bob
Andrews"
> > <ehfl@juno.com> wrote:
> >

> >>Thats why I always wear my tinfoil hat when using my Dell laptop.
> >

> > Be careful not to sit close to any open windows: somebody in a black
> > helicopter might reach in and grab it!
>
> They're stealing tinfoil hats??!!! I need to finish my copper lined
> bunker ASAP!

resistance is futile. YOU WILL ALL BE ASSIMILATED! prepare to be beamed
up...
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 23, 2005 12:22:40 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,us.legal (More info?)

I didn't really mind when they installed the keyboard logger a few years
back, but I think they went too far with the hidden X-ray camera and its
satellite link to the mother ship. And don't get me started on the upcoming
tinfoil-penetrating brainscanner.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 23, 2005 12:46:59 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,us.legal (More info?)

>I didn't really mind when they installed the keyboard logger a few years
>back, but I think they went too far with the hidden X-ray camera and its
>satellite link to the mother ship. And don't get me started on the upcoming
>tinfoil-penetrating brainscanner.

Use a Mac. Upload a virus to the mother ship. (There's a great
documentary on this called "Independence Day"). And consider using
aluminium cooking pots, which are a lot thicker than tinfoil.

Gordon L. Burditt
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 23, 2005 12:47:00 AM

Gordon Burditt wrote:

> >I didn't really mind when they installed the keyboard logger a few years
> >back, but I think they went too far with the hidden X-ray camera and its
> >satellite link to the mother ship. And don't get me started on the upcoming
> >tinfoil-penetrating brainscanner.
>
> Use a Mac. Upload a virus to the mother ship. (There's a great
> documentary on this called "Independence Day"). And consider using
> aluminium cooking pots, which are a lot thicker than tinfoil.

.... Where my generation will be wearing the handles in front,
while the "Yo!" generation will be wearing them on the side or
in back. <g>

Notan
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 23, 2005 2:32:44 AM

Master of Dellbots wrote:
> "Sparky Spartacus" <Sparky@universalexports.org> wrote in message
>
>>Nick wrote:
>>

>>><crosspost snipped>
>>>
>>>On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 23:28:51 GMT, in alt.sys.pc-clone.dell, "Bob
>
> Andrews"

>>>Be careful not to sit close to any open windows: somebody in a black
>>>helicopter might reach in and grab it!
>>
>>They're stealing tinfoil hats??!!! I need to finish my copper lined
>>bunker ASAP!
>
> resistance is futile. YOU WILL ALL BE ASSIMILATED! prepare to be beamed
> up...

Funny, I was just thinking about the Borg about 20 minutes ago when I
was in the shower. :)
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 23, 2005 2:34:34 AM

Talkin Horse wrote:

> I didn't really mind when they installed the keyboard logger a few years
> back, but I think they went too far with the hidden X-ray camera and its
> satellite link to the mother ship. And don't get me started on the upcoming
> tinfoil-penetrating brainscanner.

AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!

<runs off into the sunset, screaming>
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 23, 2005 3:23:26 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,us.legal (More info?)

Are aluminium pots better than foil?

I had always assumed that "leakage" around sides of poor fitting
(sorry my head is irregualar) would negate the value of the thicker
material.
What is the feeling of the scientific community? I suppose a lot has
to to do with the frequency and associated wavelength. I think I
remember that shorter waves can refract better around solid objects,
but I might have it wrong.
Damn pot is so heavy I can't think.

Would anyone know the relative protection of somewhat lighter, thinner
pot(s) made out of stainless steel? I have some large stock pots that
would come down to my shoulders. Would it impare the protective
qualities to cut eye holes?

Someone mentioned that the aliens are working on an anti foil device.
Would it be best to wait and hold off using new materials- thicker
pots until aliens have breched the security of the foil?

I know I've asked a lot of questions, but please help.

If anyone wants to discuss if the aliens are controlling the govt. we
can go there too.

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 20:46:59 -0000, gordon@hammy.burditt.org (Gordon
Burditt) wrote:

>>I didn't really mind when they installed the keyboard logger a few years
>>back, but I think they went too far with the hidden X-ray camera and its
>>satellite link to the mother ship. And don't get me started on the upcoming
>>tinfoil-penetrating brainscanner.
>
>Use a Mac. Upload a virus to the mother ship. (There's a great
>documentary on this called "Independence Day"). And consider using
>aluminium cooking pots, which are a lot thicker than tinfoil.
>
> Gordon L. Burditt
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 23, 2005 3:43:29 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,us.legal (More info?)

"Cyclops" <david.hagar@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:p blue.1151$Zt.424@okepread05...

I'm afraid that recent research has indicated that the old yellow paint
chips are no longer an effective deterrent from the thought logging rays.
There is evidence suggesting that parting your hair in the middle, wearing
opaque sunglasses and drinking Grape flavored soda will cause data
corruption in the thought-ray data. This is only preliminary, and requires
further blind testing to verify the results. In the interim, it is
suggested that one continue to use the double sided foil hats (shiny side
out), but that you first smear day old mayonnaise on your scalp. This will
result in the thought waves being slippery, and it will be harder for the
thought-ray logger to capture all the thought waves. Be aware that Miracle
Whip is much less effective in this regard than is authentic mayonnaise.

Bobby
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 23, 2005 3:43:30 AM

> "Cyclops" <david.hagar@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:p blue.1151$Zt.424@okepread05...
>
> I'm afraid that recent research has indicated that the old yellow paint
> chips are no longer an effective deterrent from the thought logging rays.
> There is evidence suggesting that parting your hair in the middle, wearing
> opaque sunglasses and drinking Grape flavored soda will cause data
> corruption in the thought-ray data. This is only preliminary, and
> requires further blind testing to verify the results. In the interim, it
> is suggested that one continue to use the double sided foil hats (shiny
> side out), but that you first smear day old mayonnaise on your scalp.
> This will result in the thought waves being slippery, and it will be
> harder for the thought-ray logger to capture all the thought waves. Be
> aware that Miracle Whip is much less effective in this regard than is
> authentic mayonnaise.
>
> Bobby

Additionally, it should be noted that the tin foil defense is only 'alien
resistant' against 'the grays', the taller and much smarter 'yellows' have
found a manner in which to enter the subconscious thereby circumventing the
tinfoil protection (shiny or dull side out).

And in a comment to a previous post, I'd think it extremely risky to modify
either steel or aluminum collanders or saucepans to assist in visual
enhancement. While you may be able to see better, you run a true risk that
black helicopter activity will increase and mind control will intensify.

To summarize: there is no hope. You will be assimilated. All your bases are
belonging to us.

Stew
June 23, 2005 5:33:40 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,us.legal (More info?)

noway@hotmail.com asked:

> Are aluminum pots better than foil?
>
> I had always assumed that "leakage" around sides of poor fitting
> (sorry my head is irregular) would negate the value of the thicker
> material.

May I recommend the use of lead?
I have been using it successfully for many years to protect my brain
from the evil emanations radiating from my
radio receiver, which as you probably know are just one aspect of the
International Zionism's fiendish plan to render us Nordic types harmless.
Minimum thickness should be 3/8ths
of an inch.
Weight is a problem, admittedly but the great advantage is that you
can mould the stuff to accommodate
your skull's peculiarities. Be sure to leave a little gap at the
bottom for ventilation and free neck movement, and two slits must be
cut to allow a flap to
be lifted to permit ingesting food, drinking Scotch, spitting,
smoking, vomiting etc.
HTH

> What is the feeling of the scientific community? I suppose a lot has
> to to do with the frequency and associated wavelength. I think I
> remember that shorter waves can refract better around solid objects,
> but I might have it wrong.
> Damn pot is so heavy I can't think.
>
> Would anyone know the relative protection of somewhat lighter, thinner
> pot(s) made out of stainless steel? I have some large stock pots that
> would come down to my shoulders. Would it impair the protective
> qualities to cut eye holes?
>
> Someone mentioned that the aliens are working on an anti foil device.
> Would it be best to wait and hold off using new materials- thicker
> pots until aliens have breached the security of the foil?
>
> I know I've asked a lot of questions, but please help.
>
> If anyone wants to discuss if the aliens are controlling the govt. we
> can go there too.

Ian
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 23, 2005 2:06:52 PM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,us.legal (More info?)

> In the interim, it is suggested that one continue to use
> the double sided foil hats (shiny side out), but that you first smear
> day old mayonnaise on your scalp.

This seems to work much better than Rogaine. There are indications
(microscopic perhaps) that I may soon have a full head of hair, and regain
my youth.
--
Don in Upstate NY
June 23, 2005 2:36:38 PM

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 17:12:07 -0400, "snert" <snert@bowwow.com> wrote:

>"Bill" <bgross@nospan.airmail.net> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 23:28:51 GMT, "Bob Andrews" <ehfl@juno.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Thats why I always wear my tinfoil hat when using my Dell laptop.
>>
>> Shinny side in or out?
>
>You need two layers. Reflective sides out to reflect the brain scanners and
>to keep your brainwaves contained.
>I can't believe you had to ask. This was all in the last transmission from
>Nebulon.

Hey, there is always 10% that never get the word.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 23, 2005 8:47:39 PM

LOL! This has turning into a classic thread. Although it IS difficult typing
with this aluminum pot on my head. Damn thing keeps slipping down in front
of my eyes.

--

Bob Andrews

"Don Priebe" <priebe@iname.com> wrote in message
>> In the interim, it is suggested that one continue to use
>> the double sided foil hats (shiny side out), but that you first smear
>> day old mayonnaise on your scalp.
>
> This seems to work much better than Rogaine. There are indications
> (microscopic perhaps) that I may soon have a full head of hair, and regain
> my youth.
> --
> Don in Upstate NY

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 24, 2005 12:52:44 AM

Vaseline. If you put lots and lots of vaseline in the pot before you put it
on your head, it glues it to your head and won't slip at all.

Tom
"Bob Andrews" <randrews11@houston.rr.com> wrote in message
> LOL! This has turning into a classic thread. Although it IS difficult
> typing with this aluminum pot on my head. Damn thing keeps slipping down
> in front of my eyes.
>
> --
>
> Bob Andrews
>

> "Don Priebe" <priebe@iname.com> wrote in message
>>> In the interim, it is suggested that one continue to use
>>> the double sided foil hats (shiny side out), but that you first smear
>>> day old mayonnaise on your scalp.
>>
>> This seems to work much better than Rogaine. There are indications
>> (microscopic perhaps) that I may soon have a full head of hair, and
>> regain
>> my youth.
>> --
>> Don in Upstate NY

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 24, 2005 12:52:45 AM

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 24, 2005 9:45:42 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,us.legal (More info?)

"Don Priebe" <priebe@iname.com> wrote in message
>> In the interim, it is suggested that one continue to use
>> the double sided foil hats (shiny side out), but that you first smear
>> day old mayonnaise on your scalp.
>
> This seems to work much better than Rogaine. There are indications
> (microscopic perhaps) that I may soon have a full head of hair, and regain
> my youth.

I guess that's what they meant when they said the tinfoil hat is a
harebrained (hair brained?) scheme.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 24, 2005 1:04:17 PM

I, for one, KNOW that this is not true (for my Inspiron 9300). I recently
(yesterday) replaced my keyboard (not a QA problem, just a rambuncious dog)
and searched high and low for a heatshrink wrapped keystroke logger and
could find no trace.

Incidentally, Dell has made this keyboard (and I assume much more inside)
very easy to replace. The replacement keyboard came with a custom plastic
tool to pry off the plastic bezel to access the two Philips head screws that
anchor the keyboard. Also included was a small Philips screwdriver (packaged
in a plastic bag with a "REFURBISHED" sticker on the outside!!) to remove
the screws. The ribbon connector had a pull tab attached that made removal a
snap; no special connector unlatching tabs to deal with, just a tight
friction fit. Total time to replace, including prereading instructions, less
than 15 minutes.

Mike

> Vaseline. If you put lots and lots of vaseline in the pot before you put
it
> on your head, it glues it to your head and won't slip at all.
>
> Tom
> "Bob Andrews" <randrews11@houston.rr.com> wrote in message
> > LOL! This has turning into a classic thread. Although it IS difficult
> > typing with this aluminum pot on my head. Damn thing keeps slipping down
> > in front of my eyes.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Bob Andrews
> >

> > "Don Priebe" <priebe@iname.com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> This seems to work much better than Rogaine. There are indications
> >> (microscopic perhaps) that I may soon have a full head of hair, and
> >> regain
> >> my youth.
> >> --
> >> Don in Upstate NY

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 24, 2005 10:00:37 PM

Please don't clutter this thread with useful information.
Thank you for your cooperation.

"Mike Marquis" <mmarquis@raytheon.com> wrote in message
> I, for one, KNOW that this is not true (for my Inspiron 9300). I recently
> (yesterday) replaced my keyboard (not a QA problem, just a rambuncious
dog)
> and searched high and low for a heatshrink wrapped keystroke logger and
> could find no trace.
>
> Incidentally, Dell has made this keyboard (and I assume much more inside)
> very easy to replace. The replacement keyboard came with a custom plastic
> tool to pry off the plastic bezel to access the two Philips head screws
that
> anchor the keyboard. Also included was a small Philips screwdriver
(packaged
> in a plastic bag with a "REFURBISHED" sticker on the outside!!) to remove
> the screws. The ribbon connector had a pull tab attached that made removal
> snap; no special connector unlatching tabs to deal with, just a tight
> friction fit. Total time to replace, including prereading instructions,
less
> than 15 minutes.
>
> Mike

> > Vaseline. If you put lots and lots of vaseline in the pot before you
put
> it
> > on your head, it glues it to your head and won't slip at all.
> >
> > Tom
> > "Bob Andrews" <randrews11@houston.rr.com> wrote in message
> > > LOL! This has turning into a classic thread. Although it IS difficult
> > > typing with this aluminum pot on my head. Damn thing keeps slipping
down
> > > in front of my eyes.
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > Bob Andrews
> > >

> > > "Don Priebe" <priebe@iname.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 25, 2005 6:33:44 AM

"Mike Marquis" <mmarquis@raytheon.com> wrote in message
> I, for one, KNOW that this is not true (for my Inspiron 9300). I recently
> (yesterday) replaced my keyboard (not a QA problem, just a rambuncious
> dog)
> and searched high and low for a heatshrink wrapped keystroke logger and
> could find no trace.
>
> Incidentally, Dell has made this keyboard (and I assume much more inside)
> very easy to replace. The replacement keyboard came with a custom plastic
> tool to pry off the plastic bezel to access the two Philips head screws
> that
> anchor the keyboard. Also included was a small Philips screwdriver
> (packaged
> in a plastic bag with a "REFURBISHED" sticker on the outside!!) to remove
> the screws. The ribbon connector had a pull tab attached that made removal
> snap; no special connector unlatching tabs to deal with, just a tight
> friction fit. Total time to replace, including prereading instructions,
> less
> than 15 minutes.

Your keyboard bears the telltale signs of mischief. Otherwise, why would
they bother to refurbish it unless it had been illicitly furbished?
!