Unable 2 delete file

Written in Turbo C 3.0 for DOS with a sprinkle of inline ASM.
i downloaded a patch 4 a game that i bought from megagames.com the install
failed and i carn't seem 2 delete the bastard thing, it says another file is
using it, i tried 2 delete it in safemode to and i had no success, i tryied
looking thorugh processes in task manager but i have no idea what the other
progam might be using it, its no virus i have up2date Vet antivirus even
though the file is just above 8kb,

Can i run XP in MS-DOS could i delete it from there, one of my friends told
me 2 plug my harddrive into another computer and try delete it but i dont
want 2 do that is there and easier way? a program that can quantine the file
or delete it right out all together. I dont know if its a bad file but it
might be a gate way 4 a hacker or something so i dnt want 2 risk it, oh and
btw thanks megagames for pissing my off so much i spent o many hours trying 2
delete it.
2 answers Last reply
More about unable delete file

    In news:A44B822A-5FE3-4162-8D6F-64410D614BE1@microsoft.com,
    Joe <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

    > Written in Turbo C 3.0 for DOS with a sprinkle of inline ASM.
    > i downloaded a patch 4 a game that i bought from megagames.com the
    > install failed and i carn't seem 2 delete the bastard thing, it says
    > another file is using it, i tried 2 delete it in safemode to and i
    > had no success, i tryied looking thorugh processes in task manager
    > but i have no idea what the other progam might be using it, its no
    > virus i have up2date Vet antivirus even though the file is just above
    > 8kb,
    >
    > Can i run XP in MS-DOS could i delete it from there, one of my
    > friends told me 2 plug my harddrive into another computer and try
    > delete it but i dont want 2 do that is there and easier way? a
    > program that can quantine the file or delete it right out all
    > together. I dont know if its a bad file but it might be a gate way 4
    > a hacker or something so i dnt want 2 risk it, oh and btw thanks
    > megagames for pissing my off so much i spent o many hours trying 2
    > delete it.

    See if this helps:

    Can't delete files tutorial:
    http://www.softwarepatch.com/tips/howto-delete-xp.html

    MoveOnBoot:
    http://www.softwarepatch.com/software/moveonboot.html

    Galen
    --

    "Chance has put in our way a most singular and whimsical problem, and
    its solution is its own reward."

    Sherlock Holmes

    Install this program called unlocker after it is installed then right click
    the file or folder and select Unlocker. If the file or folder is locked then
    a window will appear with a list of processes locking the file or folder.
    Select the locks and click Unlock and you are done.
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/unlocker170.exe If that does not work then
    try Killbox http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/killbox.zip

    "Joe" <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Written in Turbo C 3.0 for DOS with a sprinkle of inline ASM.
    > i downloaded a patch 4 a game that i bought from megagames.com the install
    > failed and i carn't seem 2 delete the bastard thing, it says another file
    > is
    > using it, i tried 2 delete it in safemode to and i had no success, i
    > tryied
    > looking thorugh processes in task manager but i have no idea what the
    > other
    > progam might be using it, its no virus i have up2date Vet antivirus even
    > though the file is just above 8kb,
    >
    > Can i run XP in MS-DOS could i delete it from there, one of my friends
    > told
    > me 2 plug my harddrive into another computer and try delete it but i dont
    > want 2 do that is there and easier way? a program that can quantine the
    > file
    > or delete it right out all together. I dont know if its a bad file but it
    > might be a gate way 4 a hacker or something so i dnt want 2 risk it, oh
    > and
    > btw thanks megagames for pissing my off so much i spent o many hours
    > trying 2
    > delete it.

Windows XP