Switch User results in blank screen ...

Running XP Pro SP2.

Just noticed it last night so I haven't had a chance to do any
checking, but maybe somebody will have some ideas on what to look at
when I get home this afternoon.

I don't use the feature often, but I think it started after a recent
video driver upgrade (NVIDA driver pack from ASUS "VGA card display
driver version 71.89 for Win2K and XP", dated June 3, '05).

Logged on normally, working normally, select switch users and after
the system churns for a while, I see nothing but a blank screen, no
desktop for the other user. Only apparent way out is to power down
and re-start. Logging in as other user also works OK, and attempting
to switch back to original user produces same blank screen.

Other than the obvious of backing up video driver levels, any hints?

--
Bert Hyman | St. Paul, MN | bert@iphouse.com

In news:Xns96BC6A5A76E9AVeebleFetzer@207.46.248.16 Bert Hyman
<RBob@community.nospam> wrote:

> Other than the obvious of backing up video driver levels, any hints?

Apparently, it was Asus's own "Advanced Drivers" which load on top of the
Nvida drivers. Backing up to the previous level fixed my problem.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN bert@iphouse.com