256RDRAM
90GB 5400RPM HDD, no DMA
Radeon DDR 32mb.
WTF, that sucks!

NOS and a <font color=red> Ferrari </font color=red> can be fun! :cool:

FatBurger

Illustrious
WHAT????
Please tell me he got 8 15k SCSI disks in RAID 5.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
wow, I feel extremely sorry for that guy on his wasted money.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
The HDD was 90MB, and 5400 RPM- cheap piece o crap. His monitor is an old ass 15" LCD, worth 500$ at the moment. Yeah, he got ripped off, but it was the same for his previous P4 comp as well.

Negaverse23

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
He sure got screwed. What went wrong with the previous P4 system? TNT2 M64? You should've built him a new faster rig and sell it to him for the same price as the new Dell that he got.

<font color=blue>What is higher than a cloud^ :smile: </font color=blue>

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
His previous P4 1.4 Ghz had 128 MB RDRAM, and an ati rage. Problem, is he doesn't trust me around his comp (he thinks I'll break it). What's odd, is that he pays this guy to fix his comp and all. Well, there have been tons of problems, and that guy hasn't fixed one- I end up fixing them! Anyways, he is bent upon the Intel only idea.

eden

Champion
With all due respect, print this page and shove it up his ass until it reaches back up his nose so he can read it!!!
He should know how dumb it is not to listen to pros....
Tell him his system is not better than a 1.3GHZ AthlonXP. And better yet, print some bench results from Anandtech, they get the best off AXPs VS P4s...
I really really feel sorry for him, I mean even though 90GB sounds nice, without DMA and 5400rpm, it's sad...

PS: BTW we're talking Canadian dollars right? If not....then I will dedicate my next church prayer to his sake!!
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Eden on 12/06/01 10:35 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

dhlucke

Polypheme
Stupid people breed. As long as he doesn't notice the difference let him waste his money. Not everyone can be a good consumer. At least he's spurring the economy.

<font color=red>God</font color=red> <font color=blue>Bless</font color=blue> <font color=red>America!</font color=red>

charliec2uk

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2001
Every one slags of Dell. But all the PC's we've bought from Dell have been great. Never had any problems. THis pc that I'm using at the moment is a dell. Used to be a p2 400 but is now a p3 800, didn't even have to change the mother board. It works perfectly well. Have got 4 Laptops which are all still going. Even the old P2 233. My bros' P4 1.7 Ghz is fine. So there machines arn't the fastest out of the block but they don;t go wrong and I think thats what most people worry about. I bugggered computer is a nightmare.

So there.
Charlie

Take my advice, I don't use it anyway.

kinney

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2001
I don't like them because they don't use AMD.

"dude your getting a dell", is that kid trying to say he wants to stick his 'dell' in you?

FatBurger

Illustrious
Yeah I'd say it's dumb since it doesn't exist.
You got caught trolling.

The closest one I could find is a little different. 120GB drive instead of 90, and 512MB instead of 256. The big difference is that the worst video card on it is a GF3 Ti200.

$3,700 though. Pricey, to say the least.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

Smilin

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2001
Checkit...

Dell Dimension
P4 1.5Ghz
40GB 7200 RPM ATA100
256Mb PC800 RDRAM
DVD/CDRW combo
250 Zip disk
GeForce 2 GTS
19" Trinitron Monitor
Optical Mouse
56k modem
10/100 Nic
Epson Color Inkjet printer

I bought all this for my cousin for about $1600 a few months ago (it's dropped some I'm sure). Mind you this includes the 19" trinitron and everything.

Ask your buddy how he feels about his rig now?

I get corporate pricing though :)

2 of my 3 pc's are Athlons...Intel is suckin these days. I'll revisit them next year when we start hitting 3Ghz..

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
Ah, I forgot to mention- the reason the price is rather inflated is because they had some guy install windows on it for them, and install some extra stuff, so it does differ slightly from what u gte in Dell. What baffles me is the Radeon 32DDR and a 2Ghz P4- wtf!

FatBurger

Illustrious
Ask your buddy how he feels about his rig now?

Realistically, he's probably laughing because your CPU is clocked lower. That's stupid of course, but that'd probably be the case.

Flame: Yeah, that's the odd thing to me, too. Did he not get it off of Dell's site, or what?

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
Yeah, he dot it off Dell, but wanted that guy to "spruce" it up. Wierd imo. Guess what- now's he got problems withit Geuss who he called over to fix it- me. Hehe, I'm trying to get him to get Winxp- he got Winme.

Smilin

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2001
Ok how bout this one then:

1.4 Ghz XEON
512MB PC800
nVidia Quadro2 Pro 64mb
21" Ultrascan monitor
18GB Ultra160 SCSI 10,000 RPM HDD
W2k

$3566.00

Hm? It's about what he paid for his right? LOL. Newbies. Tell him you'll trade him 512mb of SDRAM for his 256MB of Rambus...then go sell it and buy yourself a Gig of DDR Sdram.

eden

Champion
So have you printed the pages?
Come on show it to him!
If I was you, I wouldn't fix it, I would tell him: TOLD YA.
He didn't listen to you, and now you have to listen to him again?
Tsk tsk...