Microsoft Internet Explorer Not Responding

Sometimes I can open a window through Internet Explorer but I cannot choose
to open another search on that page. Other times the homepage will not open
on an address I choose in the browser window. Either way, an hour glass pops
up and nothing happens. When I hit Ctrl + Alt + Del, "Not Responding"
appears next to the program. This has only been happening for the last few
days.

Help!

T-Boo Wrote:
> Sometimes I can open a window through Internet Explorer but I cannot
> choose
> to open another search on that page. Other times the homepage will not
> open
> on an address I choose in the browser window. Either way, an hour
> glass pops
> up and nothing happens. When I hit Ctrl + Alt + Del, "Not Responding"
> appears next to the program. This has only been happening for the last
> few
> days.
>
> Help!

First of all, try doing all the basics steps of cleaning your system
for virus and spyware. Use a virus scanning program and spyware
scanning programs like AdAware, Spybot and the Microsoft Spyware tool.

If things still doesn't go as it should, try deleting IE and upgrading
it to the lastest version.

--
Evolution54

Evolution54,
I've done the Spybot and Norton scans and everything checks out okay. Also
happening---some of us can sign on to AOL instant messenging, some can't.
Some sites I can navigate, some I can't even open their homepage with out
that dang hourglass appearing and "Microsoft Internet Explorer Not
Responding" at the top of the window. Internet Explorer 6 is listed in my
program files under My Computer, but it is not listed in the Add/Remove
Programs list under the Control Panel. So, how would I uninstall and then
re-install the program?

T-Boo Wrote:
> Evolution54,
> I've done the Spybot and Norton scans and everything checks out okay.
> Also
> happening---some of us can sign on to AOL instant messenging, some
> can't.
> Some sites I can navigate, some I can't even open their homepage with
> out
> that dang hourglass appearing and "Microsoft Internet Explorer Not
> Responding" at the top of the window. Internet Explorer 6 is listed in
> my
> program files under My Computer, but it is not listed in the
> Add/Remove
> Programs list under the Control Panel. So, how would I uninstall and
> then
> re-install the program?

Here is an article explaining how to uninstall IE...
http://tinyurl.com/63w32

Try using another browser and see if you get the same problems. There
are netscape, opera, and firefox just to name a few. I hardly ever use
IE because of all the problems they have. I did a simple test on two
compters running with the same programs. On one computer, I uses IE and
the other I used Opera. After about 3 months, the compter that used IE
had tons and tons of spywares installed. The computer that used Opera
was clean and hardly had any spyware files.

--
Evolution54