GPU Issues in MSI GE 60 OND

Status
Not open for further replies.

akildoruk

Honorable
Mar 7, 2013
Hello folks,
I am having some trouble with my new MSI GE 60 OND with Win8. After buying the notebook, I wanted to run some benchmarks to clearly comprehend the performance the rig offers and the way the Optimus system work.Thus I downloaded MSI Kombustor/Afterburner. After running some tests and logging the performance under load (played some games), I noticed that core clocks were never over 835 Mhz. In order to make up for it I tried to OC the GPU to 950 Mhz. Despite setting the core clocks to +135 in Afterburner logs was not indicating any increase in core clock. My bios version is E16GAIMS.513. GPU is a GTX 660m. Also the settings I applied in Afterburner are somehow temporary. They reset after rebooting. I downloaded nVidia Inspector and tried to monitor and OC with it. But I ended up with the same result. However nVidia Inspector was listing specs as they should be. (GPU clock as 835 and Boost as 950 under another section) It also monitored my feeble attempts to OC accurately.(Under GPU section which displayed different numbers from Default after OC attempts)
Also after installing the driver version 314.07 my GPU seem to heat a bit more (3-4 degrees max). I switched back and forth numerous times. Neither driver versions made a difference. Aside from that I tried to OC my memory clocks in order to compensate for the probable performance loss. Never tried more than +250 Mhz increase. After my latest driver upgrade to 314.07, I noticed my memory clocks started to run at 2500 Mhz. I never OCed them to that point let alone my clock speeds were at default settings when I upgraded.
How can I fix these issues? Thanks in advance.

Edit: I was able to OC core clocks to 970Mhz with nVidia Inspector once. That however only lasted until I reboot the computer. After that I did not touch any clock speeds.
Thinking of it now I am not entirely sure if my memory clocks were not OCed before upgrading. Nevertheless they were never as high as 2500 Mhz.

Naram123

Honorable
Mar 2, 2013
Hi dude ,,, exact same laptop here but with the NVidia gt 650m ( almost same as the 660 ) so what I will be talking will apply on your GPU ,,,
with the driver 314 from NVidia ,, msi after burner cant overclock the core speed any more ,, in addition ,, this program is already for desktops not for aptops ,,, so use only nvdia inspector .
my core clock is 745 with turbo 835 ,, and with the NVidia inspector graph it never goes more than 745 , so I don't know what does that turbo number 835 in my laptop or (950 in yours) mean , however, I tried another laptop with the gt650m and the same thing ,, core clock is 745 always ,, what ever load or game im testing ,, I guess its normal issue ,,,,probably.

BUT ,, when I over clocked the coreclock using NVidia inspectore ( I will tell you exactly how ) the (135MHz) was added to the 835MHz ( which is the turbo mood ) so I got in total 970MHz ,, and im sure that will happen with you if you did what I will say and you will reach the 1085MHz (950 + 135 )

first install the latest version of NVidia inspector ,, then ope notepad and write:
nvidiaInspector.exe -forcepstate:0,5
then save it as:anyname.BAT ,, don't forget ,,, in( bat) format and save it in vidia inspector directory ,, after that .. open this bat file whicj is located in the same directory with NVidia inspector ,, blCK WINDOW will open and disappear ,, the open NVidia inspector and drag that button to +135 and click apply ,, the go to the (performance level 1 - p5 ) and click unlock max ,,, then but the clock to 1085MHz ,, apply again and you are done ,, you should notice the 1085 in the core clock graph ,,,

let me know if this helped you

thanks

Naram

Status
Not open for further replies.