Wanted to enable a previously disabled service VIA the SRC. When prompted
for the Windows XP System Recovery Console administrator password it will
not accept the CORRECT password. The system is still functional and went in
and changed to administrator password to be certain the correct one is being
used, however the same thing, it won't login.

Any idea what's happening?

map

Its a bug in XP here is a work around.

The password is sometimes blank. So, try just pressing enter when
you are asked for a password, it may help.

Or, you can arrange to bypass the
password by the following registry change:

Instead, just run REGEDIT (Start à Run à Regedit)
Navigate to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Setup\Recover
yConsole
Set the DWORD SecurityLevel value to 1

Some registry edits require a reboot to take effect I'm not sure if this one
does or not.

--
Mike Pawlak

--
Mike Pawlak

Thank You!

"MAP" <mikepawlak2REM@OVEhotmail.com> wrote in message
> Its a bug in XP here is a work around.
>
> The password is sometimes blank. So, try just pressing enter when
> you are asked for a password, it may help.
>
> Or, you can arrange to bypass the
> password by the following registry change:
>
> Instead, just run REGEDIT (Start à Run à Regedit)
> Navigate to
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Setup\Recover
> yConsole
> Set the DWORD SecurityLevel value to 1
>
> Some registry edits require a reboot to take effect I'm not sure if this
> one
> does or not.
>
> --
> Mike Pawlak
>

> Brianna wrote:
>> Wanted to enable a previously disabled service VIA the SRC. When
>> prompted for the Windows XP System Recovery Console administrator
>> password it will not accept the CORRECT password. The system is still
>> functional and went in and changed to administrator password to be
>> certain the correct one is being used, however the same thing, it
>> won't login.
>>
>> Any idea what's happening?
>
> --
> Mike Pawlak