Voicemail Stamp (Nextel)

Is it possible to get the time and date of received voicemails? Or am i
just not savvy enough to figure this out.

mark

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 03:39:32 GMT, "Smitty Smitt - ZX-12R" <js1906@comcast.net>
wrote:

>Is it possible to get the time and date of received voicemails? Or am i
>just not savvy enough to figure this out.

It tells you that when you play the message. At least it has for me on all my
phones for the last year +. The only fault I see is that it only tells you
the day of the week. If the message is over a week old, you'll never know it.

I must be doing something wrong, my voicemails never give the time or date.
I will give Nextel a call tomorrow!

Smitty Smitt - ZX-12R wrote:
> I must be doing something wrong, my voicemails never give the time or date.
> I will give Nextel a call tomorrow!

Check the options, most voicemail systems make this configurable.

Alternatively, after listening to a message hit "5"

--
'Outlook not so good.'
That magic 8-ball knows everything!

Thanks for the info...I figured it out. I needed to enable time and date
stamp in the personal options...DUH

"DevilsPGD" <devilspgd@crazyhat.net> wrote in message
> Smitty Smitt - ZX-12R wrote:
>> I must be doing something wrong, my voicemails never give the time or
>> date.
>> I will give Nextel a call tomorrow!
>
> Check the options, most voicemail systems make this configurable.
>
> Alternatively, after listening to a message hit "5"
>

> --
> 'Outlook not so good.'
> That magic 8-ball knows everything!

"Mark" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 03:39:32 GMT, "Smitty Smitt - ZX-12R"
> <js1906@comcast.net>
> wrote:
>
>>Is it possible to get the time and date of received voicemails? Or am i
>>just not savvy enough to figure this out.
>>

> It tells you that when you play the message. At least it has for me on
> all my
> phones for the last year +. The only fault I see is that it only tells
> you
> the day of the week. If the message is over a week old, you'll never know
> it.

On my Nextel VM it will give you the time and date only after the message
has been on the system for more than 7 days. If it's less than 7 days it
will give you the day (ie Saturday) and time (ie 5pm)