I don't care about apple
I want to see oc news
Kick ass video cards
Benchmarks!!!
PC News!! New Cases! Something like that

Spanky Deluxe

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
Apple news IS PC news since they're PCs. This is a technology site and Apple is one of the biggest and most influential technology companies in the world. As such, Apple news should be on this website. Nothing's stopping you from not clicking on Apple news if you're not interested.

As far as the new MacBooks go, they look pretty nice. Although for the extra $200 I'd personally rather get the aluminium unibody although I'd wait until they're updated again before doing so. The entry level MacBook Pro's obviously a little under-specced now in comparison in terms of the hard drive.

Drag0nR1der

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2007
I still hate white plastic... PC's lost their beige over a decade ago; when are apple going to get over their white plastic fettish. The whole graphics/illustration/art/design community (supposedly Apple's main user base) moved on from this chintzy, souless, look back in the early nineties. Can we have something with a bit more inetrest, character and style now please?

G

Apple computers are 100% pc systems that have a non-windows OS, taken from UNIX *cough* and LINUX *cough^2*. The bios is the same even with claims that it isn't, the hardware is grossly equal in every sense, and it even RUNS WINDOWS! It is a new attempt at running Windows and then piggybacking with its own skin, or gui. Finder is slow as hell, limited in view especially in columns, and is not faster in any way than explorer. Icons on the actual desktop are a clutter, and it is easy to see in my computer all of your icons, it is actually more logical to keep them in order especially if you have multiple drives. 12 partitions on the desktop, stfu. Power consumption? That's not true that osX uses less power, and it is a fanboy claim amongst so many other claims. Apple, when you want to have restricted choices, go for it. I just ran Leo on an AMD machine and found it took days to get it functioning with the proper drivers. Funny, expand the hardware pool and osX gets as clunky as windows 95 to install. Fanboys, die, and stupid people, please put on something, the Emperor's New Clothing is ridiculous.

godwhomismike

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
Hmmmm it's only clocked 100 mhz faster than my nearly 3 year old Macbook, still only has 2GB of ram, still only has integrated graphics, and still made of white plastic. Looks like the only changes they made were the memory controller can now actually address more than 2GB of ram (The 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo I have can not address more than 2GB of ram), they moved up to DDR3 ram, and it has a better integrated gpu. I wonder if this new unibody white plastic macbook will chip apart and crack for no reason, just like my Macbook did.

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
Oi, Apple. This is 2009. Time to make 4gb RAM the absolute minimum. DDR3 just went under the price of DDR2, which was pretty cheap to begin with.

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
Mac is so used to controlling its minions that they refuse to release a black version of the Macbook for fear it will decapitate the sale of its metal Macs. This proves its all about them and not about their customers.

samely

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
Maybe I just don't recall well enough, but PC articles don't feel obligated to mention Apple/Mac, yet most of the Apple columns mention PCs. I don't care about the debate between the PC/Mac, but I find that annoying.

tester24

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]Spanky Deluxe[/nom]Apple news IS PC news since they're PCs. This is a technology site and Apple is one of the biggest and most influential technology companies in the world. As such, Apple news should be on this website. Nothing's stopping you from not clicking on Apple news if you're not interested.As far as the new MacBooks go, they look pretty nice. Although for the extra $200 I'd personally rather get the aluminium unibody although I'd wait until they're updated again before doing so. The entry level MacBook Pro's obviously a little under-specced now in comparison in terms of the hard drive.[/citation]

Then why do they always have the Mac vs PC adds? then from your argument is like PC vs PC?

On how they look about the only thing I like is the LED backlit display. Other than that nothing special there.

G

I'd rather buy a $600 laptop (which at that price CAN have an aluminum case). So no thank you!

sepayne21

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2007
why would anyone buy a mac now??? I would have thought hackintosh would have cured everyone of that. Just buy an equivalant pc to a macbook pro for half of the price. All that needs to happen is for enough people to do this and Apple will then see what morons they are for not selling OSX to install for PC. I'd buy a copy of it, but I'm not interrested in buying their overpriced hardware that they didn't even design in the firstplace

Drag0nR1der

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2007
[citation][nom]tester24[/nom]Then why do they always have the Mac vs PC adds? then from your argument is like PC vs PC?On how they look about the only thing I like is the LED backlit display. Other than that nothing special there.[/citation]

Thats exactly what they are! The only reason they have them is because Apple relies too much on the 'mythical' Mac as a special entity to help its sales.

dingumf

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2009
WEAK COMPUTER IS WEAK FOR $1000

[citation][nom]Spanky Deluxe[/nom]Apple news IS PC news since they're PCs. This is a technology site and Apple is one of the biggest and most influential technology companies in the world. As such, Apple news should be on this website. Nothing's stopping you from not clicking on Apple news if you're not interested.As far as the new MacBooks go, they look pretty nice. Although for the extra $200 I'd personally rather get the aluminium unibody although I'd wait until they're updated again before doing so. The entry level MacBook Pro's obviously a little under-specced now in comparison in terms of the hard drive.[/citation]

This may have turned into a technology site but started as a PC enthusiast site way before Apple turned to Intels CPUs. Apple is not an enthusiast PC. Its..... well I wont say.

The ones that have been here since Toms was Toms and not a Best of Media part crave PC hardware articles and reviews, OCing results and awesome new PC mods. The Apple fanbase just sort of wedged their foot in the door feeling left out.

As for the Mac, lets install Windows 7 on it and run a biased set of tests.....

Status
Not open for further replies.