Task manager problem

August 24, 2005 6:25:20 PM

Hi, I'm using Windows XP Pro on an IBM Thinkpad.

I press Ctrl+Alt+Del to open the Task Manager, but it closes in one second
all by itself. How do I fix this?

More about : task manager problem

Anonymous
August 25, 2005 11:20:55 AM

MS Antispy software, and FAQ - Download MS anti-spyware beta :
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyI... and read the FAQ -

Mark L. Ferguson
"Canarg" <Canarg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:735E20C9-E7B0-4CC8-8F46-9FFA6A5521DD@microsoft.com...
> Hi, I'm using Windows XP Pro on an IBM Thinkpad.
>
> I press Ctrl+Alt+Del to open the Task Manager, but it closes in one second
> all by itself. How do I fix this?
Anonymous
August 26, 2005 9:55:33 AM

The installer for the MS Anti spyware closes itself.

"Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

> MS Antispy software, and FAQ - Download MS anti-spyware beta :
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyI... and read the FAQ -

> Mark L. Ferguson
> "Canarg" <Canarg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:735E20C9-E7B0-4CC8-8F46-9FFA6A5521DD@microsoft.com...
> > Hi, I'm using Windows XP Pro on an IBM Thinkpad.
> >
> > I press Ctrl+Alt+Del to open the Task Manager, but it closes in one second
> > all by itself. How do I fix this?

August 26, 2005 2:05:49 PM

Run in safe mode

--
Mark L. Ferguson
"Canarg" <Canarg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:97F10B0A-C1D3-4C29-88C3-7A0E368FFE62@microsoft.com...
> The installer for the MS Anti spyware closes itself.
>
> "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:
>
>> MS Antispy software, and FAQ - Download MS anti-spyware beta :
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyI... and read the FAQ -
>>
>> --
>> Mark L. Ferguson
>> FAQ for Windows Antispy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
>> "Canarg" <Canarg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:735E20C9-E7B0-4CC8-8F46-9FFA6A5521DD@microsoft.com...
>> > Hi, I'm using Windows XP Pro on an IBM Thinkpad.
>> >
>> > I press Ctrl+Alt+Del to open the Task Manager, but it closes in one second
>> > all by itself. How do I fix this?

Anonymous
August 26, 2005 6:41:02 PM

I tried that, but it won't start the installer. I get the following message:

"The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if you
are running Windows in safe mode, or if the Windows Installer is not
correctly insatalled. Contact your support for personal assistance."

!