Task manager problem

Hi, I'm using Windows XP Pro on an IBM Thinkpad.

I press Ctrl+Alt+Del to open the Task Manager, but it closes in one second
all by itself. How do I fix this?
4 answers Last reply
More about task manager problem

    MS Antispy software, and FAQ - Download MS anti-spyware beta :
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=321cd7a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en and read the FAQ -

    Mark L. Ferguson
    "Canarg" <Canarg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:735E20C9-E7B0-4CC8-8F46-9FFA6A5521DD@microsoft.com...
    > Hi, I'm using Windows XP Pro on an IBM Thinkpad.
    >
    > I press Ctrl+Alt+Del to open the Task Manager, but it closes in one second
    > all by itself. How do I fix this?

    The installer for the MS Anti spyware closes itself.

    "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

    > MS Antispy software, and FAQ - Download MS anti-spyware beta :
    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=321cd7a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en and read the FAQ -

    > Mark L. Ferguson
    > "Canarg" <Canarg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:735E20C9-E7B0-4CC8-8F46-9FFA6A5521DD@microsoft.com...
    > > Hi, I'm using Windows XP Pro on an IBM Thinkpad.
    > >
    > > I press Ctrl+Alt+Del to open the Task Manager, but it closes in one second
    > > all by itself. How do I fix this?

    Run in safe mode

    --
    Mark L. Ferguson
    "Canarg" <Canarg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:97F10B0A-C1D3-4C29-88C3-7A0E368FFE62@microsoft.com...
    > The installer for the MS Anti spyware closes itself.
    >
    > "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:
    >
    >> MS Antispy software, and FAQ - Download MS anti-spyware beta :
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=321cd7a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en and read the FAQ -
    >>
    >> --
    >> Mark L. Ferguson
    >> FAQ for Windows Antispy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
    >> "Canarg" <Canarg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:735E20C9-E7B0-4CC8-8F46-9FFA6A5521DD@microsoft.com...
    >> > Hi, I'm using Windows XP Pro on an IBM Thinkpad.
    >> >
    >> > I press Ctrl+Alt+Del to open the Task Manager, but it closes in one second
    >> > all by itself. How do I fix this?

    I tried that, but it won't start the installer. I get the following message:

    "The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if you
    are running Windows in safe mode, or if the Windows Installer is not
    correctly insatalled. Contact your support for personal assistance."

    "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

    > Run in safe mode

IBM ThinkPad Support Microsoft Task Manager Windows XP