Worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluhefner

Honorable
Dec 16, 2012
Hello guys, so I'm buying a new laptop and I have been wondering if this will be a good price? I could not find anything cheaper that would offer the same hardware as this at the same price point. Also worth mentioning that you will get 2 years free insurance.

System Overview

Case: Graphite LG20 - 17.3" 1920x1080 Screen NVIDIA Optimus Premium Onkyo 2.1 Speakers Backlit Keyboard HDMI Output 2.0MP Webcam 300Mb s Wireless & Bluetooth
CPU - Intel Ivy Bridge 3rd Generation Core Processors: Intel Core i7 3630QM 2.4GHz quad-core 6MB Cache - HT & 3.4GHz TB
Memory - DDR3: 16GB Total (4x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, 2 selected
Graphics Card: Dual 2GB AMD Radeon HD 7970Ms configured in CrossFireX!
Sound Card: 5.1 Sound Blaster X-Fi
Hard Drive or Solid State Drive: 750GB Seagate Momentus XT Hybrid Solid State 7200rpm
Optical Drives: Sony BD-5750H Slim Blu-Ray & DVD Writer
Wireless: Killer Wireless-N 1103 3x3 450Mbps
Additional Battery: 8 Cell Lithium Ion Battery - 5 200mAh 89.21WH
Operating system: *Operating System Not Required* (System Tested under Windows 7)
Lead Time: LG20 Gaming Laptop built configured tested and delivered within 5 working days.

Final price: £1,494.62

Thanks for your replies :)

darth pravus

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012
That's a pretty decent price for the spec to be honest. Couldn't imagine you'd find it any cheaper.

Obviously a desktop would kill it but if you need a laptop you need a laptop.

bluhefner

Honorable
Dec 16, 2012
I know desktop would offer even 3x cf 7970 for the same price point not to mention that I could easily fit 3770k into it as well including new hybrid drive from seagate. But I need a laptop as I'm going university soon so I don't really have a choice. The website I got it from is 3xs scan. Thanks for your reply :) if you know any other websites I could get something with simmiliar specs for better price please let me know.

darth pravus

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012
That might be some time to be honest and it will be at a huge price bump. They have already rebranded some of their stock to the 8000 with no performance jump in the mobile sector.

bluhefner

Honorable
Dec 16, 2012
I don't care about battery hehe ^^ and going to wait 2 more weeks to see what happens :)) okay thanks for your replies ^^ just cooling that bothers me but chasis is clevo based so i dont think there will be a problem :)

chugot9218

Honorable
Umm, buy a desktop for gaming??? LoL, I dunno, I built a desktop at the time I was thinking about cooling pads for my laptop, they have lots with integrated fans and power ports, just look for a decently reviewed one on amazon or newegg.

bluhefner

Honorable
Dec 16, 2012

Unfortunately I can't as I'm going university :(

chugot9218

Honorable
I brought a desktop to school, any class I actually needed a PC in had one available for me in the classroom, the classes I didn't need a PC in my laptop was an unneeded distraction hah, and I don't even facebook. Those mini-itx builds they been advertising on the front page are pretttty sweet (looking even better after Asus announced the possibility of a shortened 670)!

bluhefner

Honorable
Dec 16, 2012
Yes but I don't trust universities :))) don't want to build expensive computer just to have it stolen,,,,il rather have a laptop that I can put away ?:)

chugot9218

Honorable
I would be much more worried about a laptop being stolen than a desktop lol. It's your call man, I understand why you want a laptop, we are just telling you they are not necessarily meant for gaming. Anyways, the ITX rig I was talking about would probably be just as easy to stash as a laptop if that had to be the case.

bluhefner

Honorable
Dec 16, 2012
Oh nice, those are the small ones ain't they? but than again there would be a monitor etc...and if i was to buy a computer i would get one with 3* 7970 <3 :))

Status
Not open for further replies.