MASSIVE collection of old computers, consoles and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archived from groups: comp.sys.amiga.marketplace,rec.games.video.marketplace,rec.games.video.sega,rec.games.video.classic,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

"R420" <radeonr420@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4124299434

Looks like my basement.....I've often thought about doing the same thing,
but I'd just start over.......

On 16 Apr 2004 17:41:55 -0700, radeonr420@yahoo.com (R420) wrote:

>http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4124299434
>

>WHOA !

That's some collection! I would love to get just an Amiga 1200 that
works. Mine has blown CIA chips and the mouse buttons don't work.

Mike

Splendid

"Cannibul" <cannibul@umailme.com> wrote in message
> On 16 Apr 2004 17:41:55 -0700, radeonr420@yahoo.com (R420) wrote:
>
> >http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4124299434
> >

> >WHOA !
>
> That's some collection! I would love to get just an Amiga 1200 that
> works. Mine has blown CIA chips and the mouse buttons don't work.

Are you in the UK? I have a 1200 with a battered case but works fine that
you could have.

Hmm, the thing about that auction is that theres NOTHING amazingly great in
it - just seems to be huge quantities of bog standard, easily/cheaply
obtainable stuff.

Perhaps they cherry picked more obscure items for themselves or to sell in
other auctions. Which obviously they are perfectly entitled to do, I just
found it odd that such a *huge* collection didn't contain ANYTHING that
interesting!

I also reckon that buying all that stuff at once would ruin the joy of
tracking down/obtaining old gear over a period of time, which for me at
least is/was half the fun. Well, depending what the reserve was, I suppose
there might be profit from selling it all on seperately - but wow, what a
boring time consuming task that would probably be.... apparently the seller
of this auction felt that way too ;-)

Mike

Splendid
Archived from groups: comp.sys.amiga.marketplace,rec.games.video.marketplace,rec.games.video.sega,rec.games.video.classic,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

> Perhaps they cherry picked more obscure items for themselves or to sell
in
> other auctions. Which obviously they are perfectly entitled to do, I just
> found it odd that such a *huge* collection didn't contain ANYTHING that
> interesting!

Ahh yeah, I see from their feedback that they already sold off all their
more interesting computer items around Dec-Feb ish which explains it. Fair
enough I suppose as it probably wouldn't bump up the value of this
collection by much.