Gainward GF3 w/ P4, are these compatible?

G

I'm putting together a new system and when researching video cards, decided on the Gainward G3 ti200 vivo/dvi/tv.
For $259 it seemed solid and I have heard good things about gainward although have no personal experience.

One review mentioned that there were some problems with Pentiums, though the description was very meager.

Here is what I am building:

Intel MOBO: d850mvl
P4 : 1.6
256 rdram
Windows XP
40 gig IBM Deskstar
HP 9500 CD/rw
Lite-on 16x DVD -- (awaiting arival w/ Gainward)
Audigy in near future.......

Am I destined to have poor performance with this card,
are their compatibility issues I should know about before it ships.

Thank you for any reply, much appreciated..

Cheers,
Mike

AEboy128

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2001
Shouldn't be a problem.

My system: <A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=8946" target="_new">http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=8946</A>

FatBurger

Illustrious
Where did you see it had problems with Intel processors?

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

G

I am still building, is this going to be a problem? I am still under construction, waiting for my video card...
Please explain.
Mike

FatBurger

Illustrious
Those are user reviews, and hold as much water as a sponge that was sitting in downtown Nagasaki when a strange black thing fell from the sky...

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

FatBurger

Illustrious
Ok, found what you're talking about.

WORKS BEST WITH ATHLON (NO SURPRISE) I FEEL FOR YOU SORRY SAPS WHO BOUGHT A PENTIUM 3 OR PENTIUM 4 OR EVEN WORSE FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO BOUGHT A PC AT THE STORE HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA SORRY I JUST COULDNT HELP MYSELF

Great "review". First off, never, ever listen to someone who types in all caps. Just ignore them completely.
Second, it's just some idiot who probably doesn't even own the card, just hates Intel and OEMs. Don't worry about it, lots of people have used Gainward/nVidia cards with Intel and had no problems.

FUGGER

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
They rock dude, Im yet to see any one from here <A HREF="http://gamershq.madonion.com/compare2k1.shtml?1990471" target="_new">beat my score</A>, I beg them too but yet no one has.

Thats a Gainward GF3 golden sample with vivo and PP3, pre Ti

NO saved test, no LODbias hacks. straight run! I can pull an easy 1000 more points if I used the LODbias hack and saves.

FatBurger

Illustrious
And I could pull 35k if I photoshopped it, but that's still cheating.
Anyway, didn't your 8500 do better than your GF3, though? I didn't look at the score, I'll have to do that.