My CD player isn't working. I checked on it by clicking on start, control
panel, double clicked on system, then under hardware I clicked on Device
Manger. There it says DVD/-CD-ROM drives, right under it is a Yellow
exclamation Point right by Toshiba DVD ROM SD-R 1312 When I click on that I
scrolled down to properties
-it says "- Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware
but cannot find the hardware device (Code 41) I uninstalled it and then
rebooted, but still can't use it HELP PLEASE
Carol

Hi,

If you can - check if the device is connected properly to the IDE cable
(the cable which goes from the Motherboard to you DVD ROM). Also could you
tell me if you had Easy CD Creator installed on you system and you have
uninstalled it. There is a KB article which tells you to change the registry
then http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314060

--
Regards,
Hardik Shah

"natsetremC" wrote:

> My CD player isn't working. I checked on it by clicking on start, control
> panel, double clicked on system, then under hardware I clicked on Device
> Manger. There it says DVD/-CD-ROM drives, right under it is a Yellow
> exclamation Point right by Toshiba DVD ROM SD-R 1312 When I click on that I
> scrolled down to properties
> -it says "- Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware
> but cannot find the hardware device (Code 41) I uninstalled it and then
> rebooted, but still can't use it HELP PLEASE
> Carol

TRENDING THREADS