No sound

My speakers just started not working and i went though the whole
troubleshooting thing and it couldn't help me with anything. There is still
no sound. I don't know what caused it since it just stopped working all of a
sudden.
3 answers Last reply
More about sound

    Hi,

    Intially, check if the speakers are connected and turned on. If thats
    done, check under "Volume" in Control Panel, if the speakers are not muted.
    If you are using XP, you might want to do a "system restore" to the day when
    your speakers were last working.

    Alternatively, you can re-install the audio drivers and check if that
    helps.

    --
    Regards,
    Hardik Shah

    "dracosgurl" wrote:

    > My speakers just started not working and i went though the whole
    > troubleshooting thing and it couldn't help me with anything. There is still
    > no sound. I don't know what caused it since it just stopped working all of a
    > sudden.

    Go to Control Panel - Sounds and Audio Devices.. check to see if the sound
    card that you believe to be installed is actually showing as installed.. if
    it isn't, either use the CD supplied with the sound card, or go to the
    manufacturer website and download the latest sound card drivers..

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "dracosgurl" <dracosgurl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My speakers just started not working and i went though the whole
    > troubleshooting thing and it couldn't help me with anything. There is
    > still
    > no sound. I don't know what caused it since it just stopped working all of
    > sudden.

    Hi,
    when this happened to me I was advised to go to Kelly's Corner - it works!

    "Where did my Sounds go?"

    Regards

    Ray

    "dracosgurl" <dracosgurl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My speakers just started not working and i went though the whole
    > troubleshooting thing and it couldn't help me with anything. There is
    > still
    > no sound. I don't know what caused it since it just stopped working all of
    > sudden.

Speakers Support Microsoft Windows XP