system32 errors

I get the following error on all the programs I try to run windows can not
find C:\windows\system32\sol.exe. I also get a rundll32.exe error. How can
these be fixed I'm running XP Pro.
4 answers Last reply
More about system32 errors

    To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type (or paste in): SFC /SCANNOW

    --
    Mark L. Ferguson
    "Pixidusted1" <Pixidusted1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1EFE8E77-291A-4E29-B35B-A5202F021E1B@microsoft.com...
    >I get the following error on all the programs I try to run windows can not
    > find C:\windows\system32\sol.exe. I also get a rundll32.exe error. How can
    > these be fixed I'm running XP Pro.

    Appreciate the help
    I tried this but I got the following error:
    Windows can not find SFC /SCANNOW make sure you typed the name correctly and
    then try again.
    any other ideas ?

    "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

    > To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type (or paste in): SFC /SCANNOW
    >
    > --
    > Mark L. Ferguson
    > "Pixidusted1" <Pixidusted1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1EFE8E77-291A-4E29-B35B-A5202F021E1B@microsoft.com...
    > >I get the following error on all the programs I try to run windows can not
    > > find C:\windows\system32\sol.exe. I also get a rundll32.exe error. How can
    > > these be fixed I'm running XP Pro.

    Try a repair, or 'upgrade' setup

    If you run an XP "Upgrade"setup, from the original, or "Gold" version of the setup CD, and you have SP2 installed, it might go into
    a setup loop, and you could lose your install. Uninstall SP2, BEFORE you Upgrade setup from CD (that lacks sp2 on it.)
    875350 - How to remove Windows XP Service Pack 2 from your computer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=875350

    How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install: http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

    --
    Mark L. Ferguson
    "Pixidusted1" <Pixidusted1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1DA2F824-E60F-4104-990D-3A1B0E19D6D1@microsoft.com...
    > Appreciate the help
    > I tried this but I got the following error:
    > Windows can not find SFC /SCANNOW make sure you typed the name correctly and
    > then try again.
    > any other ideas ?
    >
    > "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:
    >
    >> To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type (or paste in): SFC /SCANNOW
    >>
    >> --
    >> Mark L. Ferguson
    >> FAQ for Windows Antispy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
    >> "Pixidusted1" <Pixidusted1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1EFE8E77-291A-4E29-B35B-A5202F021E1B@microsoft.com...
    >> >I get the following error on all the programs I try to run windows can not
    >> > find C:\windows\system32\sol.exe. I also get a rundll32.exe error. How can
    >> > these be fixed I'm running XP Pro.

    it worked for me

    --
    shane_ishga