I get the following error on all the programs I try to run windows can not
find C:\windows\system32\sol.exe. I also get a rundll32.exe error. How can
these be fixed I'm running XP Pro.

To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type (or paste in): SFC /SCANNOW

--
Mark L. Ferguson
"Pixidusted1" <Pixidusted1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1EFE8E77-291A-4E29-B35B-A5202F021E1B@microsoft.com...
>I get the following error on all the programs I try to run windows can not
> find C:\windows\system32\sol.exe. I also get a rundll32.exe error. How can
> these be fixed I'm running XP Pro.

Appreciate the help
I tried this but I got the following error:
Windows can not find SFC /SCANNOW make sure you typed the name correctly and
then try again.
any other ideas ?

"Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

> To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type (or paste in): SFC /SCANNOW
>
> --
> Mark L. Ferguson
> "Pixidusted1" <Pixidusted1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1EFE8E77-291A-4E29-B35B-A5202F021E1B@microsoft.com...
> >I get the following error on all the programs I try to run windows can not
> > find C:\windows\system32\sol.exe. I also get a rundll32.exe error. How can
> > these be fixed I'm running XP Pro.

Try a repair, or 'upgrade' setup

If you run an XP "Upgrade"setup, from the original, or "Gold" version of the setup CD, and you have SP2 installed, it might go into
a setup loop, and you could lose your install. Uninstall SP2, BEFORE you Upgrade setup from CD (that lacks sp2 on it.)
875350 - How to remove Windows XP Service Pack 2 from your computer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=875350

How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install: http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

--
Mark L. Ferguson
"Pixidusted1" <Pixidusted1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1DA2F824-E60F-4104-990D-3A1B0E19D6D1@microsoft.com...
> Appreciate the help
> I tried this but I got the following error:
> Windows can not find SFC /SCANNOW make sure you typed the name correctly and
> then try again.
> any other ideas ?
>
> "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:
>
>> To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type (or paste in): SFC /SCANNOW
>>
>> --
>> Mark L. Ferguson
>> FAQ for Windows Antispy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
>> "Pixidusted1" <Pixidusted1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1EFE8E77-291A-4E29-B35B-A5202F021E1B@microsoft.com...
>> >I get the following error on all the programs I try to run windows can not
>> > find C:\windows\system32\sol.exe. I also get a rundll32.exe error. How can
>> > these be fixed I'm running XP Pro.

it worked for me

--
shane_ishga