Have u seen what happens when u increase the Windows Syste..

Have u seen what happens when u increase the Windows System Year from 2099 ??

This was a nice and disturbing thing that I found out yesterday. Just go to
the Windows Clock located on the bottom left corner of the screen and double
click on it. Double clicking on it will bring up the Date and Time Properties
Dialog Box. Now increase the Year field. Now the magic starts. The moment u
cross 2099 the Year becomes 1980. So……..now what. As u can clearly see when
the year 2099 comes (and ends) the next ear on Ur Windows calendar will
become 1980. That is u r actually going back in time (hahaha…). As u can now
have understood the implications can be manifold. U we staring at another
Y2.1 scenario.

Should not the Microsoft guys come out with a clarification for this glaring
mistake?

--
Debabrata Das

Software Engineer
Kolkata,
India

Why not wait til 2090 to start worrying about (then) 90 year old software.
You (or your grandchildren) can go and work on the fix, as well as fixes for
all the COBOL apps still in use then.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~
"We've secretly switched the dilithium crystals with new Folger's
"Debabrata" <Debabrata@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Have u seen what happens when u increase the Windows System Year from 2099
??

[...]

Gordon

"Debabrata" <Debabrata@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Have u seen what happens when u increase the Windows System Year from
> 2099 ??

So what? AIX (at least I think that was what was on an AS400 box I was Y2K
testing Tetra CS3 on - it WAS 7 years ago!) won't go beyond 2037!

Jim

"Debabrata" <Debabrata@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Have u seen what happens when u increase the Windows System Year from 2099
> ??
If I am still alive in 2099, and if I am still using Windows XP, I will wish
that I were using VMS because VMS cannot get past the year 9999.
Jim

Mikey

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Jim wrote:

> "Debabrata" <Debabrata@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Have u seen what happens when u increase the Windows System Year from 2099
> > ??
> If I am still alive in 2099, and if I am still using Windows XP, I will wish
> that I were using VMS because VMS cannot get past the year 9999.
> Jim

In 2099 Microsoft will probably have Vista just about ready to be released.

johnf

How long are planning on living :)

--

johnf