kc

You know the blank feilds in places like yahoo, google, ebay search, any
website with an address area to fill in. I am talking about blank feilds.
Anyway, when you come back to a website that you have previously typed in one
of these blank feilds and now that you are back if you start typing the
previous words appear under where you are typing...... You see it on map
address websites also..... What IS that program called??? It stoped working
on my PC windows XP home edition a few days ago - possibley when I upgraded
windows xp home. If you know what that program is called please respond.

Thank you,
KC

You're referring to "Autocomplete". In IE, look in Tools/Internet
Options..., Content tab, Autocomplet button.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~
"We've secretly switched the dilithium crystals with new Folger's
"KC" <KC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
You know the blank feilds in places like yahoo, google, ebay search, any
website with an address area to fill in. I am talking about blank feilds.
Anyway, when you come back to a website that you have previously typed in
one
of these blank feilds and now that you are back if you start typing the
previous words appear under where you are typing...... You see it on map
address websites also..... What IS that program called??? It stoped working
on my PC windows XP home edition a few days ago - possibley when I upgraded
windows xp home. If you know what that program is called please respond.

Thank you,
KC

kc

See I knew it was a simple thing.... thanks .....

Thinking to self......How did that get unchecked..... The joys of PCs

Ricky

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2003

Go to internet options..content tab..click the autocomplete button and check
the boxes you want.

"KC" <KC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> You know the blank feilds in places like yahoo, google, ebay search, any
> website with an address area to fill in. I am talking about blank feilds.
> Anyway, when you come back to a website that you have previously typed in
> one
> of these blank feilds and now that you are back if you start typing the
> previous words appear under where you are typing...... You see it on map
> address websites also..... What IS that program called??? It stoped
> working
> on my PC windows XP home edition a few days ago - possibley when I
> upgraded
> windows xp home. If you know what that program is called please respond.
>
> Thank you,
> KC

I need help on getting rid of a Content Advisor and it tells me that "This
page does not have a rating how do i get this away? It started happening
after I was using a program to start a web page. This Content Advisor that
keeps coming up and i need to type in a password in order to move on HELP ME
PLEASE!!

"VManes" wrote:

> You're referring to "Autocomplete". In IE, look in Tools/Internet
> Options..., Content tab, Autocomplet button.
>
> --
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~
> "We've secretly switched the dilithium crystals with new Folger's
> Crystals...
> let's watch what happens."
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~
> "KC" <KC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> You know the blank feilds in places like yahoo, google, ebay search, any
> website with an address area to fill in. I am talking about blank feilds.
> Anyway, when you come back to a website that you have previously typed in
> one
> of these blank feilds and now that you are back if you start typing the
> previous words appear under where you are typing...... You see it on map
> address websites also..... What IS that program called??? It stoped working
> on my PC windows XP home edition a few days ago - possibley when I upgraded
> windows xp home. If you know what that program is called please respond.
>
> Thank you,
> KC

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:76F6C390-6C0F-4E85-9DDC-52986986E2D5@microsoft.com,
A simple hopefully easy question <A simple hopefully easy
question@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> I need help on getting rid of a Content Advisor and it tells me that
> "This page does not have a rating how do i get this away? It started
> happening after I was using a program to start a web page. This
> Content Advisor that keeps coming up and i need to type in a password
> in order to move on HELP ME PLEASE!!
>
> "KC" wrote:
>
>> You know the blank feilds in places like yahoo, google, ebay search,
>> any website with an address area to fill in. I am talking about
>> blank feilds. Anyway, when you come back to a website that you have
>> previously typed in one of these blank feilds and now that you are
>> back if you start typing the previous words appear under where you
>> are typing...... You see it on map address websites also..... What
>> IS that program called??? It stoped working on my PC windows XP home
>> edition a few days ago - possibley when I upgraded windows xp home.
>> If you know what that program is called please respond.
>>
>> Thank you,
>> KC

I think you're hijacking someone else's thread but here you go...

Content Advisor Password Remover:
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/caremover.html

Galen
--

"Chance has put in our way a most singular and whimsical problem, and
its solution is its own reward."

Sherlock Holmes