Blue screen while copying in Remote Desktop

I recently reformatted both of my Windows XP systems (a Sony VAIO desktop and
laptop) as part of my general maintenance routine. After reformatting,
however, I get this odd error while Remote Desktopping from my desktop to my
laptop: any time I try to copy a file while in the Remote Desktop window (for
example, right-clicking and selecting "Copy"), my laptop crashes. I
configured it to give me a blue screen instead of simply rebooting, and the
only technical information I get is the following:

*** STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0x00000000, 0xEDB0A188, 0xEDB09E84)

I am running Windows XP Professional SP2 on both systems, and both have all
of the latest updates/security patches from Microsoft and both are running
the latest versions of their respective chipsets, video drivers, network
drivers, BIOSes, and so on. I work with computers professionally, and
according to my honest judgment there is nothing I have done wrong during the
reformat and re-update process that could have caused this to happen.

I have tried searching the newsgroups and support websites for a solution
but to no avail. Has anyone else ever experienced this issue?

Hi

Please try the following link to Jim Eshelman's web page - left hand column
(7E)

http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm

--

Will Denny