Leadtek Ti500 overclocking

G

I had a choice between the Hercules and Leadek Ti500s and decided to go with the leadtek mainly due to that I could get it £30 (from uk) cheaper.

Anyways, I was wandering if anyone has any expierence overclocking this beast. What sort speeds did you get it running at with stock cooling? To me the stock fan on this card looks a little, well... Pathetic. Am I going to have to rip the fan off this and buy something better if want to get some good overclocking results?

Thanks!

svol

Champion
There are better GPU heatsinks out there. I suggest you remount the heatsink with some Arctic Silver instead of those pathetic standard thernal grease; to get better performance. I use an old P 75 cooler to cool my GeForce 2 and that is working great.

BTW: why is your username red?

My case has so many fans that it hovers above the ground :eek: .

svol

Champion
Is that also the reason that your name is green and you have the title Bandwith Hog? Or is that a special title?

Smilin

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2001
Good call btw. I had a Herc once with no problems at all..great card. My friend however had to return one...no video card for about 8 weeks. By the time he got it back he could have bought a new one for half the cost.

FatBurger

Illustrious
No, Fredi gave me the custom color and title because...well, I'm not telling why :)

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

svol

Champion
Is it because you're much online? Or that you post the most messages in a month? Or that you gave him a Quarter Pounder? Or whatever... I wanne know...please?

FatBurger

Illustrious
None of the above. Course, I'll keep denying it even if you guess the correct reason (which you never will).

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

labdog

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
generaly, u can overclock a gc to 10%-15% above without risk
with the gc original components

EasyInfo :cool:
I would like to Invest for my PC !!
ok, buy nothing.