DISASSEMBLED: Apple's Polycarbonate MacBook

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssalim

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2007
Having unable to afford a netbook does not mean the person needs a job. It means there are other priorities such that at the end of the day there is not enough money for a luxury such as a netbook.

deadlockedworld

Distinguished
[citation][nom]excalibur1814[/nom]ZzzZzzzzzzzZzzzWe want the same articles for Toshiba, Acer, Sony etc[/citation]

Tom's is taking advantage of apple fanatics that do this to every product... who publishes good breakdowns for PCs? Also.. would it be interesting? Apple uses custom parts.. most pc makers are modular.

While it wouldnt be cost effective to do all models-- it would be interesting to see a few of the premiere lightweight models broken down. Adamo, etc.

bydesign

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2006
When are the bonehead running this site going to realize that their readers don't give a shit about Macs? Really Tom's you fired everyone competent and replaced them with itard hacks.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]bydesign[/nom]When are the bonehead running this site going to realize that their readers don't give a shit about Macs? Really Tom's you fired everyone competent and replaced them with itard hacks.[/citation]

Cheers.

Drag0nR1der

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2007
Actually I care about hardware, Mac or PC, the fact that I can do very little with Mac hardware is the only reason I'm not interested in it. I am also amused to see that of all the Mac articles on this site recently, when it comes to one where some kind of proper techie, hands on job needs to be done, Marcus Yam is nowhere to be seen... like a true Mac user ;)

godwhomismike

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
[citation][nom]cookoy[/nom]Ahhh, the joy of being rich. Look at the toys they can play with. Me, I can't even afford a crappy netbook.[/citation]

But we can always count on sites like Tom's Hardware to throw it in our faces with a dozen articles a day. Too bad the writers of Tom's Hardware don't care about Windows/Linux based machines anymore.

godwhomismike

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
[citation][nom]deadlockedworld[/nom]Tom's is taking advantage of apple fanatics that do this to every product... who publishes good breakdowns for PCs? Also.. would it be interesting? Apple uses custom parts.. most pc makers are modular. While it wouldnt be cost effective to do all models-- it would be interesting to see a few of the premiere lightweight models broken down. Adamo, etc.[/citation]

Show me the break downs of the Core i7 machines.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]zubai[/nom]Windows 7 is coming out, and suddenly Tom's is piling up on Apple stuff.[/citation]

Piling up? We can't just ignore product updates because Microsoft is launching Windows 7 the same week.

godwhomismike

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
[citation][nom]NegativeX[/nom]Would of been more exciting if you ended this lovely article with a, "Will it blend?" episode. Or better yet, just set it on fire.[/citation]

I think that would be far more insulting. A brand new machine many of us can't afford being destroyed by some rich prick. I would be annoyed.

ktasley

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
guys, stop freaking out about all the apple posts.

I agree there has been many many posts about apple, but apple is coming out with with a bunch of new tech.

I also agree that if we are going to get such in depth reviews of apple products, we should be getting similar press related to their competitors products.

I care about all hardware, but it doesn't look like Marcus Yam does. Is he the apple rep or something? He writes every apple article, but I haven't seen any other write-ups. It would make a lot more sense if he was the apple reviewer or something. (Maybe he is a rookie and getting the non-hands-on news or can't do articles?) Or is he just the apple fanboy meant to balance out all the PC guys? (that would be justified)

Tom's any insight?

ktasley

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
edit:

I realize this article is not written by the notorious Mr. Yam so don't flame, this is just the final in a bunch of articles I just read.

godwhomismike

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
Dear Tom's Hardware,

How come we got about five Apple related articles this week, and yet, you wrote nothing about HP's new line up of Quad Core laptops, or how they start at $999, or how they also are running a coupon promotion on them so they are starting at $799.

Nope, nothing from Tom's Hardware. Apparently no one cares about quad core laptops that have 8 processing threads and come standard with 1GB nvidia GeForce GT 230M graphics, 320GB 7200rpm hard drives, and selling price starting at $799.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]ktasley[/nom]guys, stop freaking out about all the apple posts. I agree there has been many many posts about apple, but apple is coming out with with a bunch of new tech.I also agree that if we are going to get such in depth reviews of apple products, we should be getting similar press related to their competitors products. I care about all hardware, but it doesn't look like Marcus Yam does. Is he the apple rep or something? He writes every apple article, but I haven't seen any other write-ups. It would make a lot more sense if he was the apple reviewer or something. (Maybe he is a rookie and getting the non-hands-on news or can't do articles?) Or is he just the apple fanboy meant to balance out all the PC guys? (that would be justified) Tom's any insight?[/citation]

Marcus is far from a rookie. He has been writing tech news and reviews for 11 years and has been with Tom's for roughly a year and a half.

We write about Apple products because they are the competition. Dell, HP, Acer, etc., consider Apple a competitor.

Both Tuan and I write Apple news too. Are we also rookies?

Interestingly enough, Marcus is the one who writes all of our Windows 7 stories too. People have complained about the amount of Windows 7 news we post in the past as well.

roynaldi

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
Dear Toms,

After reading all the whiny comments... it's a wonder WHY you even have a comments section.

Apple announced new products this week, hence the recent articles. If you don't like the article, click the back button.. no one is forcing you to read it.

Like it or not, Apple is number 71 in the Fortune 500 list this year.

samely

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]Marcus is far from a rookie. He has been writing tech news and reviews for 11 years and has been with Tom's for roughly a year and a half.We write about Apple products because they are the competition. Dell, HP, Acer, etc., consider Apple a competitor.Both Tuan and I write Apple news too. Are we also rookies?Interestingly enough, Marcus is the one who writes all of our Windows 7 stories too. People have complained about the amount of Windows 7 news we post in the past as well.[/citation]
Thanks for the insight, Jane. Maybe some of just get an angle on him due to all the Apple news, especially when a lot of is peppy and kinda hyped. Not all the Windows 7 news we see shares that same perspective.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]roynaldi[/nom]Dear Toms,After reading all the whiny comments... it's a wonder WHY you even have a comments section. Apple announced new products this week, hence the recent articles. If you don't like the article, click the back button.. no one is forcing you to read it.Like it or not, Apple is number 71 in the Fortune 500 list this year.[/citation]

Marry me. I'll love you forever, my internet white knight.

Boxa786

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
[citation][nom]roynaldi[/nom]Dear Toms,After reading all the whiny comments... it's a wonder WHY you even have a comments section. Apple announced new products this week, hence the recent articles. If you don't like the article, click the back button.. no one is forcing you to read it.Like it or not, Apple is number 71 in the Fortune 500 list this year.[/citation]

Wow Jane, Iv been on this site, reading mainly for time pass and help to sleep, and i have to say, your the most involved writer so far, which is a really good thing, BUT....

do you really need to bothar with these dumbass comments in here? Chill, you did your job and its all good, no need to explain yourself to some half assd fool's bs post.

Boxa786

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
No Edit button, meant to quote this

"
JMcEntegart 10/21/2009 7:50 PM
Hide
Insert quote. Report -1+

ktasley :
guys, stop freaking out about all the apple posts. I agree there has been many many posts about apple, but apple is coming out with with a bunch of new tech.I also agree that if we are going to get such in depth reviews of apple products, we should be getting similar press related to their competitors products. I care about all hardware, but it doesn't look like Marcus Yam does. Is he the apple rep or something? He writes every apple article, but I haven't seen any other write-ups. It would make a lot more sense if he was the apple reviewer or something. (Maybe he is a rookie and getting the non-hands-on news or can't do articles?) Or is he just the apple fanboy meant to balance out all the PC guys? (that would be justified) Tom's any insight?

Marcus is far from a rookie. He has been writing tech news and reviews for 11 years and has been with Tom's for roughly a year and a half.

We write about Apple products because they are the competition. Dell, HP, Acer, etc., consider Apple a competitor.

Both Tuan and I write Apple news too. Are we also rookies?

Interestingly enough, Marcus is the one who writes all of our Windows 7 stories too. People have complained about the amount of Windows 7 news we post in the past as well."

Status
Not open for further replies.