  • System32
  • Computers
  • Windows XP
August 25, 2005 9:03:06 AM

hi i have a virus and a problem with my computer, first is the virus i canot
deleted and is on my system32, and is under orans.sys can you help me how to
deleted.
and the other is my computer shuts down and then restarts again.
can you please tell how to solv this problems

More about : virus system32

Anonymous
August 25, 2005 11:21:47 AM

First, Disable automatic restart on system failure. Just to see if you can
get a
STOP code.

When the pc is booting up (after the BIOS has done its POST test and
before Windows starts loading),
Tap F8 Function key to get bootup options. Tap & keep repeat tapping F8 !

You will actually see "Disable automatic restart on system failure" as an
option .
Select that and give it a try. This option is available if you have XP
service pack 2.

Once restart on failure is disabled, you should get a STOP error with
text --- at the next problem.
Write it all down, and then start searching for the final solution.

Take a look at the Troubleshooting Windows STOP messages at Aumha.org
http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm

Once you have removed the "restart on system failure", if you are unable to
reboot to Normal mode of XP, reboot pc, tap F8, and select
Safe Mode with Networking. Make a visit to Housecall.

Once you have internet access, visit the online Housecall at Trendmicro.
http://housecall.trendmicro.com

Have it check your system for viruses.

I recommend an article at Aumha.org on ways to cleanup parasites.
Follow the quick-fix protocol.
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm

--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User
> hi i have a virus and a problem with my computer, first is the virus i
> canot
> deleted and is on my system32, and is under orans.sys can you help me how
> deleted.
> and the other is my computer shuts down and then restarts again.
> can you please tell how to solv this problems
Anonymous
August 25, 2005 5:22:39 PM

Hi

Could you please, if possible, post the name of the virus?

If you don't see any error messages with the shutdown/restart, right click
on My Computer, select
Properties and then the Advanced tab. Click on Settings under Startup and
Recovery and disable 'Automatically restart'. Next time your PC reboots,
you should see a Blue Screen. Could you please post the Stop Code from the
BSOD?

Also, please have a look in the Event Viewer to see if any entries there may
refer to the problem.

--

Will Denny
MS MVP Windows Shell/User