Hi, my OEM supplier has gone out of business. I have discovered that the
value-added directory files were not installed on my system so I need to get
hold of a copy of the XP media disc to locate them. MS refers me to my
supplier who no longer exists - any ideas how I can get hold of a disc. I
have valid product id (OEM) and key.
--
John P
Hertfordshire

Microsoft does not replace OEM CDs. You'll have to purchase
another copy of Windows XP.

Microsoft Windows XP Professional With Service Pack 2 - OEM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16837102153

Microsoft Windows XP HOME Edition With Service Pack 2 - OEM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16837102151

If you just need to install the Backup utility in XP Home, see the following:

Installing the Backup Program on the Home Version
http://www.onecomputerguy.com/windowsxp_tips.htm#backup_home

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"John P" wrote:

| Hi, my OEM supplier has gone out of business. I have discovered that the
| value-added directory files were not installed on my system so I need to get
| hold of a copy of the XP media disc to locate them. MS refers me to my
| supplier who no longer exists - any ideas how I can get hold of a disc. I
| have valid product id (OEM) and key.
| --
| John P
| Hertfordshire

Thanks - the back up program gets over one problem, lets hope that's all I
need.
--
John P
Hertfordshire

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Microsoft does not replace OEM CDs. You'll have to purchase
> another copy of Windows XP.
>
> Microsoft Windows XP Professional With Service Pack 2 - OEM
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16837102153
>
> Microsoft Windows XP HOME Edition With Service Pack 2 - OEM
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16837102151
>
> If you just need to install the Backup utility in XP Home, see the following:
>
> Installing the Backup Program on the Home Version
> http://www.onecomputerguy.com/windowsxp_tips.htm#backup_home
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "John P" wrote:
>
> | Hi, my OEM supplier has gone out of business. I have discovered that the
> | value-added directory files were not installed on my system so I need to get
> | hold of a copy of the XP media disc to locate them. MS refers me to my
> | supplier who no longer exists - any ideas how I can get hold of a disc. I
> | have valid product id (OEM) and key.
> | --
> | John P
> | Hertfordshire

OEM CDs that are out of business - 1 800 325 1233

--
Mark L. Ferguson