Virus has taken over my daughter's computer

I can't do anything. I have McAfee's Stinger on a CD, but I can't run it.
When the screen saver comes up, all the Icon's disappear. Can't access the
internet. I get a "Page_Fault_In_NONPAGED_AREA" The CD that Stinger is on
is bootable, but that doesn't help. I am going to try putting an
Autoexec.bat file on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you;
4 answers Last reply
More about virus daughter computer

    I found out that Autoexec.bat" doesn't work as it's a DOS command.

    As an addendum to my post, I'm getting multiple Prod: 768_1 errors. How do
    I find out what Prod: 768_1 is?

    Again, I tthank you in advance for any help

    Is cd set as your first boot device in the bios?

    "canon1a" wrote:

    > I found out that Autoexec.bat" doesn't work as it's a DOS command.
    >
    > As an addendum to my post, I'm getting multiple Prod: 768_1 errors. How do
    > I find out what Prod: 768_1 is?
    >
    > Again, I tthank you in advance for any help

    Have you tried starting in safe mode?

    "canon1a" <canon1a@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    |I can't do anything. I have McAfee's Stinger on a CD, but I can't run it.
    | When the screen saver comes up, all the Icon's disappear. Can't access
    the
    | internet. I get a "Page_Fault_In_NONPAGED_AREA" The CD that Stinger is
    on
    | is bootable, but that doesn't help. I am going to try putting an
    | Autoexec.bat file on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    |
    | Thank you;

    Yes, I have tried SafeMode, but it doesn't help and I cannot access the
    internet using SafeMode

    "Stickems." wrote:

    > Have you tried starting in safe mode?
    >

    > "canon1a" <canon1a@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > |I can't do anything. I have McAfee's Stinger on a CD, but I can't run it.
    > | When the screen saver comes up, all the Icon's disappear. Can't access
    > the
    > | internet. I get a "Page_Fault_In_NONPAGED_AREA" The CD that Stinger is
    > on
    > | is bootable, but that doesn't help. I am going to try putting an
    > | Autoexec.bat file on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    > |
    > | Thank you;

Computers CD-Rom Windows XP