my computer is running in safe mode and i can no longer access the internet.
this problem seemed to occur shortly after an anti virus was installed and i
no longer have use of speakers,volume,scanner and printer. i cannot remove
the anti virus because of the safe mode. how do i turn the safe mode off?

"tracy" <tracy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>my computer is running in safe mode and i can no longer access the internet.
>this problem seemed to occur shortly after an anti virus was installed and i
>no longer have use of speakers,volume,scanner and printer. i cannot remove
>the anti virus because of the safe mode. how do i turn the safe mode off?

Any antivirus program (or any other installed software for that
matter) should be fully capable of being uninstalled from Safe Mode.

What is the name of this antivirus program?

What happens if you attempt to use Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs
to uninstall it while running in Safe Mode?

You could also try using System Restore (on the Start Menu under
Accessories - System Tools) to set your computer back to the most
recent restore point that is prior to the install of this antivirus
program.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service

http://aumha.org/alex.htm

You can uninstall software while in Safe Mode.

--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."

"tracy" <tracy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> my computer is running in safe mode and i can no longer access the
internet.
> this problem seemed to occur shortly after an anti virus was installed and
> no longer have use of speakers,volume,scanner and printer. i cannot remove
> the anti virus because of the safe mode. how do i turn the safe mode off?

The internet cannot be accessed whenever Windows is in Safe mode.

I wonder if you mean, the pc is always stuck in Safe mode each time you
startup Windows??
If so, select RUN from Start menu, and then type in

MSCONFIG <Enter-key>

Then look at Tab labeled BOOT.INI (click on that TAB).
IF the line SAFEBOOT is checked (ON), then click that box so that it clears.
Press Apply & OK, and Restart your system.
HTH

--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User