I730 ground clip modification - Dallas area

Does anyone know of a Nextel Service Center in the Dallas area that has
the ground clips needed for the I730 modification? The several that I
contacted either has never heard of the modification or doesn't have the
clips to do the mod.

In case you haven't heard, I730's manufactured prior to July 2004, need
to have a ground clip installed inside the case. This supposedly
improves reception/fixes dropped call issues. I've seen the official
Motorola service bulletin on it, so it's not one of those "sticker
hoaxes" that you see from time to time.

Thanks!

call 611 and they'll tell you...that modification does nothing to
improve service however.

--
rdmiller

if you wanna donate for unlocking after the service has been rendered
that's cool. but if not, no worries i don't hold any grudges! my paypal
addy is reecers@hotmail.com.
http://cellphoneforums.net

rdmiller <rdmiller.1ejj56@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in

> call 611 and they'll tell you...that modification does nothing to
> improve service however.

Then why did Motorola put out the service bulletin? I've seen other
forums where people said they did the mod and they now get reception
where they didn't before.

I left Sprint after many years because of dropped calls/calls going to
voicemail without ringing the phone. Nextel has only been slightly
better so I thought I'd try the mod.

Neon Knight wrote:
>>call 611 and they'll tell you...that modification does nothing to
>>improve service however.
>
> Then why did Motorola put out the service bulletin? I've seen other
> forums where people said they did the mod and they now get reception
> where they didn't before.
>
> I left Sprint after many years because of dropped calls/calls going to
> voicemail without ringing the phone. Nextel has only been slightly
> better so I thought I'd try the mod.

IIRC, the bulletin said that not all eligible phones would perform
better (in other words, not all phones were flawed)

It certainly can't hurt though.

--
A: Maybe because some people are too annoyed by top-posting.
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.

I fond bottom-posting annoying. Since I have already read the thread in
get the reply? It makes absolutely no sense or logic.

MichiganHotBear wrote:
> I fond bottom-posting annoying. Since I have already read the thread in
> get the reply? It makes absolutely no sense or logic.

Try reading upwards of 500 message a day, you'll understand the value of
context.

--
Reality is a nice place, but I wouldn't want to live there.

"MichiganHotBear" <michiganhotbear@sbcglobal.net> wrote in

> I fond bottom-posting annoying. Since I have already read the thread
> in previous messages, why should I have to scroll down through it
> all again to get the reply? It makes absolutely no sense or logic.

It makes perfect sense, we were taught to read from top to bottom. The
key is that people snip out the irrevelant portions before adding their
replies below. My pet peeve is where people quote an entire 20 line
paragraph and then add something like "I agree" at the bottom. By the
way, I quoted your entire post because it was short and all of it was
relevant to my reply.

can anyone post or link to this document ? I have an i730 and I have
tried to hunt this mysterious document for the past week. Same signal
issues on i730..fluctuating/weak. I know is is an IDEN subscriber
bulleting -040 something.. Thanks in advance..

"> Try reading upwards of 500 message a day, you'll understand the value of
> context.

I don't (and never will) read 500+ messages a day. So your answer is
irrelevant. What works for you is not necessarily the answer to the
salvation of the world. But there, I did it your way.

Chang <chang@shake.com> wrote in news:Ab-dnTFGiNDjJOfcRVn-
uw@comcast.com:

> can anyone post or link to this document ? I have an i730 and I have
> tried to hunt this mysterious document for the past week. Same signal
> issues on i730..fluctuating/weak. I know is is an IDEN subscriber
> bulleting -040 something.. Thanks in advance..

I can email it to you, is your address correct?

Nope. Email it to metaverse3_nospam_@yahoo_nospam_.com

remove the no spam please. Thanks

Neon Knight wrote:

> Ok...I'll post it here, it's a word document.

I can't read that document. How did you learn of the grounding
modification? There must be some official way to get the word out. But
I looked in the Motorola iDEN site, nada.

--

Paul Hirose <ewwb4-khh25@earINVALIDthlink.net>
To reply by email delete INVALID from address.

Paul Hirose <ewwb4-khh25@earINVALIDthlink.net> wrote in

> I can't read that document. How did you learn of the grounding
> modification? There must be some official way to get the word out. But
> I looked in the Motorola iDEN site, nada.

It's a MS Word document. From what I remember I read about it in one of
the IDEN forums, they had posted a link and I downloaded the document.
The link isn't valid anymore. I'll see if I can find a link, but if you
can't read an MS word document, then the link won't do you any good.

Chang <chang@shake.com> wrote in news:rbWdnbg2e-Oee-fcRVn-
2w@comcast.com:

> Nope. Email it to metaverse3_nospam_@yahoo_nospam_.com

I emailed you the document, let me know if you don't get it.

rdmiller <rdmiller.1elts6@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in

> this grounding antenna does very little for your phone and like
> mentioned not all qualify.

I had the mod done today. It'll probably be a week or so before I can
determine if it did any good or not.

Neon Knight. I got the document.. Thanks a lot, it is appreciated !

Neon Knight wrote:

> The link isn't valid anymore. I'll see if I can find a link, but if you
> can't read an MS word document, then the link won't do you any good.

Well, I could forward the document to someone with Word and have it
read to me, but what a hassle.

Please confirm the phones manufactured *before* July 2004 are the ones
affected. Date is critical, because according to Motorola's site, my
i730's serial number indicates it was manufactured *in* July 2004. If
you say that's on the other side of the cutoff date, I'm not going to
worry about the issue anymore.

--

Paul Hirose <ewwb4-khh25@earINVALIDthlink.net>
To reply by email delete INVALID from address.

Previously in alt.cellular.nextel, Paul Hirose
<ewwb4-khh25@earINVALIDthlink.net> proclaimed :

>Neon Knight wrote:
>>
>> The link isn't valid anymore. I'll see if I can find a link, but if you
>> can't read an MS word document, then the link won't do you any good.
>
>Well, I could forward the document to someone with Word and have it
>read to me, but what a hassle.
>
>Please confirm the phones manufactured *before* July 2004 are the ones
>affected. Date is critical, because according to Motorola's site, my
>i730's serial number indicates it was manufactured *in* July 2004. If
>you say that's on the other side of the cutoff date, I'm not going to
>worry about the issue anymore.

Paul,

I've just emailed you the Word document.

People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's
safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.
-Unknown
Remove "die spammers" to email

> Neon Knight. I got the document.. Thanks a lot, it is appreciated !

Glad to be able to help out.

> Well, I could forward the document to someone with Word and have it
> read to me, but what a hassle.

Do you have Wordpad? Since it appears you are using WIN98, I believe
wordpad comes with it (start, programs, accessories, wordpad.) I used
wordpad to open it on my XP system.

> Please confirm the phones manufactured *before* July 2004 are the
> ones affected.

According to the document: "If you are an Authorized Field Service
location, we suggest that you attach this metal contact to i730 models
manufactured prior to June, 2004 "

So...it appears that I may have had the dates wrong....June and later
look like they are ok.