Can you reinstall Win XP Home Edition 2002 upgrade?

McAfee Virus Scan has caused MAJOR problems to my system.
system. I want to reinstall using my XP disk, but due to the fact that
that I have continually updated Windows XP, it says
the disk is now an older version than what is currently ru
running. What can I do?

Thanks

Al

You do not want to reinstall....you need to perform a "repair install".

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User
Microsoft Newsgroups

"Al" wrote:

| McAfee Virus Scan has caused MAJOR problems to my system.
| system. I want to reinstall using my XP disk, but due to the fact that
| that I have continually updated Windows XP, it says
| the disk is now an older version than what is currently ru
| running. What can I do?
|
| Thanks
|
| Al

Thanks for the advice, BUT...will it work with this upgrade disk??? I
previously had ME & bought XP upgrade.

Thanks

Al

PS: Some of the symptoms of my problem...no RUN command in the Start Menu,
My Computer & Network Neighborhood have been replaced with generic icons, I
CAN get into Add/Remove programs, BUT it does not populate. We can connect to
the internet through AIM, but IE no longer works. Am I doing the right thing
reinstalling????

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> You do not want to reinstall....you need to perform a "repair install".
>
> How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install

> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "Al" wrote:
>
> | McAfee Virus Scan has caused MAJOR problems to my system.
> | system. I want to reinstall using my XP disk, but due to the fact that
> | that I have continually updated Windows XP, it says
> | the disk is now an older version than what is currently ru
> | running. What can I do?
> |
> | Thanks
> |
> | Al

Yes it will work.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"HYFal" wrote:

| Thanks for the advice, BUT...will it work with this upgrade disk??? I
| previously had ME & bought XP upgrade.
|
| Thanks
|
| Al

Thanks! I will try it!