Accidentally deleted account

I was wondering if there is a way to recover files from an accidentally
deleted account? Another person was using my computer while i was away and
when i returned my account had been deleted and there were no signs of my
files anywhere.
5 answers Last reply
More about accidentally deleted account

    If your files were not backed up or saved prior to deleting the User Account,
    those User Account files were permanently deleted...sorry!

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    'Carey Frisch [MVP Wrote:
    > ']If your files were not backed up or saved prior to deleting the User
    > Account,
    > those User Account files were permanently deleted...sorry!
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups

    > "shikyo_13" wrote:
    >
    > | I was wondering if there is a way to recover files from an
    > accidentally
    > | deleted account? Another person was using my computer while i was
    > away and
    > | when i returned my account had been deleted and there were no signs
    > of my
    > | files anywhere.

    Will a System Restore do any good?

    --
    Evolution54

    No. System restore does not restore accounts or personal files.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Evolution54 wrote:
    > *'Carey Frisch [MVP Wrote:
    > > ']If your files were not backed up or saved prior to deleting the
    > User
    > > Account,
    > > those User Account files were permanently deleted...sorry!
    > >
    > > --
    > > Carey Frisch
    > > Microsoft MVP
    > > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > > Microsoft Newsgroups

    > > "shikyo_13" wrote:
    > >
    > > | I was wondering if there is a way to recover files from an
    > > accidentally
    > > | deleted account? Another person was using my computer while i
    > was
    > > away and
    > > | when i returned my account had been deleted and there were no
    > signs
    > > of my
    > > | files anywhere.
    >
    > Will a System Restore do any good?
    >

    > --
    > Evolution54 *

    Hi you can try if you can roll back far enough, it does restore files
    so you can see if it does.

    --
    thedon57

    thedon57 Wrote:
    > Evolution54 wrote:-
    > *'Carey Frisch [MVP Wrote:-
    > ']If your files were not backed up or saved prior to deleting the-
    > User-
    > Account,
    > those User Account files were permanently deleted...sorry!
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups
    >
    > -

    > "shikyo_13" wrote:
    >
    > | I was wondering if there is a way to recover files from an
    > accidentally
    > | deleted account? Another person was using my computer while i-
    > was-
    > away and
    > | when i returned my account had been deleted and there were no-
    > signs-
    > of my
    > | files anywhere.-
    >
    > Will a System Restore do any good?
    >

    > --
    > Evolution54 *-
    >
    > Hi you can try if you can roll back far enough, it does restore files
    > so you can see if it does.
    >

    > --
    > thedon57

    Yah, even though Carey said it doesn't restore back the files, I would
    still try and because if the files are that important to you, I would
    try anything. Well, at least now you learned that you should always
    back up your important files on your computer. Good luck
    :cool:

    --
    Evolution54

Support Computers Microsoft Windows XP