Accidentally deleted account

August 25, 2005 6:53:13 PM

I was wondering if there is a way to recover files from an accidentally
deleted account? Another person was using my computer while i was away and
when i returned my account had been deleted and there were no signs of my
files anywhere.
Anonymous
August 25, 2005 9:28:22 PM

If your files were not backed up or saved prior to deleting the User Account,
those User Account files were permanently deleted...sorry!

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"shikyo_13" wrote:

| I was wondering if there is a way to recover files from an accidentally
| deleted account? Another person was using my computer while i was away and
| when i returned my account had been deleted and there were no signs of my
| files anywhere.
Anonymous
August 26, 2005 9:00:50 AM

'Carey Frisch [MVP Wrote:
> ']If your files were not backed up or saved prior to deleting the User
> Account,
> those User Account files were permanently deleted...sorry!
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "shikyo_13" wrote:
>
> | I was wondering if there is a way to recover files from an
> accidentally
> | deleted account? Another person was using my computer while i was
> away and
> | when i returned my account had been deleted and there were no signs
> of my
> | files anywhere.

Will a System Restore do any good?

--
Evolution54
August 26, 2005 12:44:10 PM

No. System restore does not restore accounts or personal files.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Evolution54" wrote:

| Will a System Restore do any good?
| --
| Evolution54
August 26, 2005 8:59:28 PM

Evolution54 wrote:
> *'Carey Frisch [MVP Wrote:
> > ']If your files were not backed up or saved prior to deleting the
> User
> > Account,
> > those User Account files were permanently deleted...sorry!
> >
> > --
> > Carey Frisch
> > Microsoft MVP
> > Windows XP - Shell/User
> > Microsoft Newsgroups

> > "shikyo_13" wrote:
> >
> > | I was wondering if there is a way to recover files from an
> > accidentally
> > | deleted account? Another person was using my computer while i
> was
> > away and
> > | when i returned my account had been deleted and there were no
> signs
> > of my
> > | files anywhere.
>
> Will a System Restore do any good?
>

> --
> Evolution54 *

Hi you can try if you can roll back far enough, it does restore files
so you can see if it does.

--
thedon57
August 27, 2005 8:13:09 AM

thedon57 Wrote:
> Evolution54 wrote:-
> *'Carey Frisch [MVP Wrote:-
> ']If your files were not backed up or saved prior to deleting the-
> User-
> Account,
> those User Account files were permanently deleted...sorry!
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups
>
> -

> "shikyo_13" wrote:
>
> | I was wondering if there is a way to recover files from an
> accidentally
> | deleted account? Another person was using my computer while i-
> was-
> away and
> | when i returned my account had been deleted and there were no-
> signs-
> of my
> | files anywhere.-
>
> Will a System Restore do any good?
>

> --
> Evolution54 *-
>
> Hi you can try if you can roll back far enough, it does restore files
> so you can see if it does.
>

> --
> thedon57

Yah, even though Carey said it doesn't restore back the files, I would
still try and because if the files are that important to you, I would
try anything. Well, at least now you learned that you should always
back up your important files on your computer. Good luck
:cool:

--
Evolution54
!