System Information

When I try to go to the system information page it goes to the Help and
Support page instead. I've tried the Start/Programs/Accessories/System
Tools way and also tried Start/Run/msinfo32.exe and again through the
HelpandSupport page and the same thing happens. Have searched the net
and found other people who have the same problem and tried some
suggestions but nothing has worked so far. I know I can do a
re-install but don't want that route if there's no other way. Does
anyone else have this problem? My OS is OEM so MS offers no help. I
wonder if they're aware of this condition? Anyone have any ideas?

--
retiree

Try installing xp cd,exit the page,then go to run,type:cmd In cmd type:
VERIFY ON Then type:Sfc /Scannow When the sfc utility is thru,type:
CHKDSK C: /F Agree to restart,then type:EXIT Restart computer,remove cd.