cant download files with IE, no problem with netscape, fir..

my wife has xo comaq presarion 2100 laptop, logged in as an admin, when she
tries to download any file with ie, she get an error message stating that
your security setting doesn't allow u to download this file.

moreover, she cant browse web site like google or yahoo, , error message(
page cant be found), also when yahoo messenger starts, it logs in and out
right away.

she doesn't have any of those problems when she uses Netscape or firefox

I tried to change the security setting to low , but doesnt allow me to do
that

any suggestions is really apprecaited

Has she run a check for spyware or adware at all? I know of people who have
had similar problems and found numerous spyware items which, once removed,
were found to have been causing the problem, especially as other browsers
such as Firefox are fine.

Apologies if you've already done so :eek:)

"ashmed mansour" wrote:

> my wife has xo comaq presarion 2100 laptop, logged in as an admin, when she
> tries to download any file with ie, she get an error message stating that
> your security setting doesn't allow u to download this file.
>
> moreover, she cant browse web site like google or yahoo, , error message(
> page cant be found), also when yahoo messenger starts, it logs in and out
> right away.
>
> she doesn't have any of those problems when she uses Netscape or firefox
>
> I tried to change the security setting to low , but doesnt allow me to do
> that
>
> any suggestions is really apprecaited

i did, same results

i cant even browse http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp