IceManU

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2003
Hi, I have put a fresh install of XP on my system and it won't connect to the internet. The green light on my nic card lights up, and on my dsl modem the light goes on there to indicate I have a connection. I have taken the nic card out and reinstalled it to see if the computer would connect to the internet and it still doesn't. I have taken the intire card out, enabled the onboard lan and still can't connect to the internet. I have cleared my cmos and started my machine and still can't connect to the internet. I disabled my onboard lan and went back to my independent nic card and still nothing. Can anyone out there help me. I am so frustrated by this as I have no idea what the cause is. My MB is still functioning all except for my connecting to the internet which has baffeled me. I need help and don't want to have to by a new MB.

addiarmadar

Distinguished
May 26, 2003
Can you ping the nic card. First make sure all integrated LAN controllers are disable. Then ping the nic card with adderss of 127.0.0.1 . If no go could be driver or hardware probs with the nic card.

F-DISK-Format-Reinstal DO DA!! DO DA!!

ytoledano

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2003
Try this, if it doesn't work, undo it:
Start -> Run -> Settings -> properties of: Local area connection -> properties of: TCP/IP.
IP address: If there's something there try selecting "obtain an IP address automatically", if there's nothing there, try typing 10.200.1.1 and click the subnet mask. they is just a guess and probably won't work, you ISP would deffinitly know what to do.

----------
I'm a nuclear reactor cooling system programmer, if you see me running, it's probably already too late.

TRENDING THREADS