hard drives problem!! help needed!!

i have a hp pavilion pc with windows Xp home edition..with 512 ram and 120 GB
hard drive......one month ago i was away n my window got crashed ....in my
absence my younger pro installed a new windows xp ....but he installed it on
drive H which is jusy 5 GB and my C drive is empty which is 115 gb ......now
im getting problem due to low memory.....i have no knowledge what to do
now.......plz help me...
3 answers Last reply
More about hard drives problem needed

    Try installing xp cd,restart computer,boot to xp cd,recovery,press enter for
    password,then type:DiskPart In DiskPart delete the H: partition,then delete
    C: leaving the hd raw,now create a partition,then press Esc key,now type:
    EXIT Reboot to xp cd,this time select,install xp.

    "sidhu_pride" wrote:

    > i have a hp pavilion pc with windows Xp home edition..with 512 ram and 120 GB
    > hard drive......one month ago i was away n my window got crashed ....in my
    > absence my younger pro installed a new windows xp ....but he installed it on
    > drive H which is jusy 5 GB and my C drive is empty which is 115 gb ......now
    > im getting problem due to low memory.....i have no knowledge what to do
    > now.......plz help me...

    here's a thought
    reinstall XP onto that large HD
    since you say its empty you'll have lots of room.After its installed and
    running format that H drive and use it for backup/files/etc.
    http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_sg_clean.asp
    peterk

    "sidhu_pride" <sidhu_pride@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >i have a hp pavilion pc with windows Xp home edition..with 512 ram and 120
    >GB
    > hard drive......one month ago i was away n my window got crashed ....in my
    > absence my younger pro installed a new windows xp ....but he installed it
    > on
    > drive H which is jusy 5 GB and my C drive is empty which is 115 gb
    > ......now
    > im getting problem due to low memory.....i have no knowledge what to do
    > now.......plz help me...

    A 115 gb partition is a bit large for installing xp if you are going to
    partition the hard drive. 15gb is a gods plenty and then partition the rest
    of the HD as you want. If it were me, I would make C drive 15gb, D drive
    10gb and use the E drive for the remainder of the HD. I would use D drive
    for installing programs and E for data. Just a suggestion!!
    "peterk" <peterk@nomalarky.net> wrote in message
    > here's a thought
    > reinstall XP onto that large HD
    > since you say its empty you'll have lots of room.After its installed and
    > running format that H drive and use it for backup/files/etc.
    > http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_sg_clean.asp
    > peterk
    >

    > --
    > Never trust a computer you can't throw out the window. - Steve Wozniak
    > "sidhu_pride" <sidhu_pride@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>i have a hp pavilion pc with windows Xp home edition..with 512 ram and 120
    >>GB
    >> hard drive......one month ago i was away n my window got crashed ....in
    >> my
    >> absence my younger pro installed a new windows xp ....but he installed it
    >> on
    >> drive H which is jusy 5 GB and my C drive is empty which is 115 gb
    >> ......now
    >> im getting problem due to low memory.....i have no knowledge what to do
    >> now.......plz help me...

Hard Drives Windows XP