hard drives problem!! help needed!!

Tags:
  • Hard Drives
  • Windows XP
August 25, 2005 10:00:23 PM

i have a hp pavilion pc with windows Xp home edition..with 512 ram and 120 GB
hard drive......one month ago i was away n my window got crashed ....in my
absence my younger pro installed a new windows xp ....but he installed it on
drive H which is jusy 5 GB and my C drive is empty which is 115 gb ......now
im getting problem due to low memory.....i have no knowledge what to do
now.......plz help me...

More about : hard drives problem needed

Anonymous
August 25, 2005 10:43:03 PM

Try installing xp cd,restart computer,boot to xp cd,recovery,press enter for
password,then type:D iskPart In DiskPart delete the H: partition,then delete
C: leaving the hd raw,now create a partition,then press Esc key,now type:
EXIT Reboot to xp cd,this time select,install xp.

"sidhu_pride" wrote:

> i have a hp pavilion pc with windows Xp home edition..with 512 ram and 120 GB
> hard drive......one month ago i was away n my window got crashed ....in my
> absence my younger pro installed a new windows xp ....but he installed it on
> drive H which is jusy 5 GB and my C drive is empty which is 115 gb ......now
> im getting problem due to low memory.....i have no knowledge what to do
> now.......plz help me...
Anonymous
August 25, 2005 11:49:50 PM

here's a thought
reinstall XP onto that large HD
since you say its empty you'll have lots of room.After its installed and
running format that H drive and use it for backup/files/etc.
http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_sg_clean...
peterk

"sidhu_pride" <sidhu_pride@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i have a hp pavilion pc with windows Xp home edition..with 512 ram and 120
>GB
> hard drive......one month ago i was away n my window got crashed ....in my
> absence my younger pro installed a new windows xp ....but he installed it
> on
> drive H which is jusy 5 GB and my C drive is empty which is 115 gb
> ......now
> im getting problem due to low memory.....i have no knowledge what to do
> now.......plz help me...
August 26, 2005 2:18:11 PM

A 115 gb partition is a bit large for installing xp if you are going to
partition the hard drive. 15gb is a gods plenty and then partition the rest
of the HD as you want. If it were me, I would make C drive 15gb, D drive
10gb and use the E drive for the remainder of the HD. I would use D drive
for installing programs and E for data. Just a suggestion!!

!