IE has suddenly refused to connect on my ADSL (page not available
etc) My hard drive is virus and adware free and I have made no
changes to IE. Other browsers and OE still connect ok. Any
suggestions on where to start looking? (Win XP home SP2)

Cheers

Brian Bosley

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 11:35:02 +1000, "Brian Bosley"
<bosbrian@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

>IE has suddenly refused to connect on my ADSL (page not available
>etc) My hard drive is virus and adware free and I have made no
>changes to IE. Other browsers and OE still connect ok. Any
>suggestions on where to start looking? (Win XP home SP2)
>
>Cheers
>
>Brian Bosley

I have a similar problem. I'm running XP home and ID has problems
connecting to sites. If you hit reload a couple of times it usually
loads the page. Ran a sniffer and on first glance didn't see any
problems. Spybot found a bunch of stuff but has removed them and it
still has the problem

Jeff

Sometimes, a virus/spyware infection "may" damage the TCp/IP protocol stack.
Locate and run "winsockxpfix.exe" and IE should be fixed.

"JSS" <onlyjunkmail@email.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 11:35:02 +1000, "Brian Bosley"
> <bosbrian@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>
>>IE has suddenly refused to connect on my ADSL (page not available
>>etc) My hard drive is virus and adware free and I have made no
>>changes to IE. Other browsers and OE still connect ok. Any
>>suggestions on where to start looking? (Win XP home SP2)
>>
>>Cheers
>>
>>Brian Bosley
>>
> I have a similar problem. I'm running XP home and ID has problems
> connecting to sites. If you hit reload a couple of times it usually
> loads the page. Ran a sniffer and on first glance didn't see any
> problems. Spybot found a bunch of stuff but has removed them and it
> still has the problem
>
> Jeff

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 10:29:24 -0400, "Yves Leclerc"
<yvesleclercNOSPAM@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>Sometimes, a virus/spyware infection "may" damage the TCp/IP protocol stack.
>Locate and run "winsockxpfix.exe" and IE should be fixed.
>

>"JSS" <onlyjunkmail@email.com> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 11:35:02 +1000, "Brian Bosley"
>> <bosbrian@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>>
>>>IE has suddenly refused to connect on my ADSL (page not available
>>>etc) My hard drive is virus and adware free and I have made no
>>>changes to IE. Other browsers and OE still connect ok. Any
>>>suggestions on where to start looking? (Win XP home SP2)
>>>
>>>Cheers
>>>
>>>Brian Bosley
>>>
>> I have a similar problem. I'm running XP home and ID has problems
>> connecting to sites. If you hit reload a couple of times it usually
>> loads the page. Ran a sniffer and on first glance didn't see any
>> problems. Spybot found a bunch of stuff but has removed them and it
>> still has the problem
>>
>> Jeff

Thanks, it seems to fix my problem.

Jeff