Acer 4551G Blank screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

leaps

Honorable
Mar 10, 2013
Hello, I bought my Acer Aspire 4551G-N934G64Mnsk about two years ago. Up until December of 2012, it worked fine. In December, the computer would display the message "Windows could not start." I attempted startup repair, but it did not work. I eventually got it to reset the OS and other settings to factory default by using Acer eRecovery.

Since December, the computer has randomly shut off and has been unable to start. Each time I have used Acer eRecovery to recover the computer, but it never lasts long. Getting tired of this problem, I bought a new SSD and 2x 4 GB of RAM, both from Crucial, and put a fresh copy of windows on the SSD.

Now the computer does not start. I press the power button and it turns on, but that's it. I hooked up the display to my monitor, but there is still nothing. The screen does not turn on, there is nothing on the screen at all. The computer barely makes any noise. I have tried putting the original HDD and RAM back in the laptop but the results are the same.

I tried the trick of taking out the battery, holding the power button for 30 seconds, putting the battery back in. Results are the same.

The only thing I could think of is that I did not put the RAM in properly, although I followed the instructions on Crucial's (The RAM brand) website. Could this be the case?

I have been frustrated with this laptop for three months now.

EDIT: Here are the specifications:

Y5RhySS.jpg

leaps

Honorable
Mar 10, 2013
Sorry for the double post but 5 days later I'm still unable to solve the problem. If I can't solve the problem, could I return my SSD and RAM? I bought them off Newegg and they came last Friday on the 8th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS