A few months ago I cancelled my Yahoo account and Yahoo messenger and then I
went to Add or Remove Programs and uninstalled everything from Yahoo. The
problem is that in my taskbar there remains the little gray face that was
part of Yahoo messenger and when I click on it a box appears saying
CoCreateInstance for the My Yahoo DLL failed. How do I get rid of it?

"miss kitty" <miss kitty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>A few months ago I cancelled my Yahoo account and Yahoo messenger and then
> went to Add or Remove Programs and uninstalled everything from Yahoo. The
> problem is that in my taskbar there remains the little gray face that was
> part of Yahoo messenger and when I click on it a box appears saying
> CoCreateInstance for the My Yahoo DLL failed. How do I get rid of it?

Download Autoruns from Sysinternals and run the program, then you should be
able to find a Yahoo messenger reference. You then can uncheck the start-up
entry. This should solve your problem.

Autoruns
http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/Autoruns.html

--
William

Try re-installing Yahoo Messenger all over again. This time, make sure
you exit yahoo messenger from standby -> by explicitly clicking on the
small grey icon in the system tray and exiting. After that, perform an
uninstall.

--
Crazy_Eddy

*amd athlon64* 3000+ @*2.5ghz* (stock volts!) | *dfi* lanparty ut nf4
ultra-d
*twinmos* 1gb (2 x 512mb) | *ati* x600 pro | *seagate* 120gb sata
*powersafe* 400w 24-pin | *thermalright* xp-90 w/ delta 92mm
Crazy_Eddy's Profile: http://www.techenclave.com/forums/member.php?u=202
View this thread: http://www.techenclave.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9604

I went and did as you said and I was able to delete other things from Yahoo
except when I went to delete the messenger a box appeared saying" error
changing item state: the system cannot find the file" then when I closed it
another box appeared saying "eror deleting start setting: the system cannot
find the file specified" What's that mean? I actually reinstalled messenger
yesterday and then uninstalled and the face is gone but now I'm wondering
what these errors mean.

> "WTC" wrote:
>
>> "miss kitty" <miss kitty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >A few months ago I cancelled my Yahoo account and Yahoo messenger and
>> >then
>> > went to Add or Remove Programs and uninstalled everything from Yahoo.
>> > The
>> > problem is that in my taskbar there remains the little gray face that
>> > was
>> > part of Yahoo messenger and when I click on it a box appears saying
>> > CoCreateInstance for the My Yahoo DLL failed. How do I get rid of it?
>>

>> Download Autoruns from Sysinternals and run the program, then you should
>> be
>> able to find a Yahoo messenger reference. You then can uncheck the
>> start-up
>> entry. This should solve your problem.
>>
>> Autoruns
>> http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/Autoruns.html
>>
>I went and did as you said and I was able to delete other things from Yahoo
> except when I went to delete the messenger a box appeared saying" error
> changing item state: the system cannot find the file" then when I closed
> it
> another box appeared saying "eror deleting start setting: the system
> cannot
> find the file specified" What's that mean? I actually reinstalled
> messenger
> yesterday and then uninstalled and the face is gone but now I'm wondering
> what these errors mean.

There was a left over Start-up entry and Autoruns could not find the file in
the location it was pointing too because you uninstalled Yahoo messenger. I
wouldn't worry about the error now, since you successfully installed and