Is V5 better than GF2 mx400 ? is radeon 7000 good?

G

HELLO..

i just want to buy a video card tomorrow i have months trying to decide for one i cant hold this any more lol.

i want to know a good cheap card to get i want just something better than RAGE PRO TURBO 8mb, well i know anything can be better than this crappy card i have right ? or im wrong ?

GF2mx400 is any better than VOODOO 5 ? and is radeon 7000 better than GF2 ? cause is cheaper on store and i will like to pay like $70 for a card i dont have more money .

and how about prophet 4500 is better than what card ?
I want something good to make a game like UNREAL 1 looks best it can anyone help me on this for the life of this planet LOL .

im tired of going to bestbuy everyday and going back to home without any card in my hands . the only big problem in this damn world is the money Grr .

some one can help me plz...

i need to know some card that will play UNREAL 1 perfect i mean great graphic and speed thanks you !!! i will be waiting here for some1 to tell me thanks..

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
What processor are you running. It really depends on what you have now.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

G

oh ok ... i have 450mhz P3 96ram are you impress ? lol ok

ok i need the best i can get for this then plz

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
Um, in that case, get a GF2 GTS or MX400 (u have an AGP slot, right?). GF3 will be bad for sys, and teh Kyro 2 really relies on processor. R7500- no go w/ your sys. Consider getting RAM to 256- it will increase performance.

What if your life moved.....2 inches to the left?

G

well how much will cost me the 256mb ram ? and can my computer take all that ? how i know and how much will increase in perfomance ? can be notice ? and how in what level and how about RADEON 7000 is any better than GF2 mx400 ? and all i can pay for V card right now is $70 or something GF2 pro gts or whatever it is cost over $100+

and how about voodoo5 i hear that was good card is that better than gf2 mx400 ? if is better where can i get 1..

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
On pricewatch, 256 (I assume u have SDRAM?) from Micron costs $24. Also, voodoo is no longer around to make new drivers and stuff for their vid cards, therefore I reccomend getting something from a nonexistent company. Hence, Gf2 Pro 64MB (very nice), costs $97 off pricewatch. I think R7500 may be too much for ur sys, ie it won't use its full potential.

What if your life moved.....2 inches to the left?

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
DO NOT GET THE Radeon 7000. It is very slow, perhaps even slower than a GeForce2MX-400. 256MB RAM will improve your overall performance. YES, it will be noticable. DO NOT GET A VOODOO5, it's not supported by anyone officially right now because the company went bankrupt. I'd seriously consider saving a bit more for a GeForce2 Ti. While you won't notice a difference between it and a GF2MX400 in lower resolutions on your current processor, should you ever consider to upgrade your porcessor in the future, the GeForce2 Ti will be significantly faster and will last you longer, upon buying newer games in the not so distant future.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

G

oh GF2 PRO 64mb is nice u said if i wanted immeditaly yes of course. i want it just right now lol i cant wait a good card but HOW MUCH is the pro ?i dont like buy online it sucks i hate wait so long and pay on credit cards i want a store to go and buy 1 i wish i can get anything better than rage pro turbo 8mb

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Expect to pay a little over $100 for a GeForce2 Pro or Ti. They are both roughly the same price.