Athlon 750 -- Best Graphics board?

kem99

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2001
I currently have an Athlon 750 system with a Voodoo3 board and am interested in upgrading. My question is how far up should I upgrade given the CPU? I'll budget the money for the best card but don't want to overpay for a card that my system can't really reap the benefits of either.

I'm currently running Windows 98 but recently was given Windows XP as a gift. I have not installed it yet but probably will in January once I have time to work out a few potential conflicts -- one of which apparently is the Voodoo card. So, Radeon 7500? 8500? GF2 Ti? GF3? GF3 Ti 200? GF3 Ti500? Or, none at all and wait until its time to get a new system (I'd like the current system to last another 18-24 months?)

Thanks for your help in advance.

Kevin
kem99@hotmail.com

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
With your current processor, the Radeon 7500 or GeForce2 Ti would hit the sweet spot. However, higher end options aren't bad. Although your CPU may not be able to keep up with them, at least you'll have a DirectX8-based card which may extend the life of your system game-wise for an extra 6 months to 1 year.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor