Sign in with
Your question
Solved

What should I buy?

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
March 10, 2013 11:46:52 PM

I'm looking to buy a new laptop for school, will mainly use it for microsoft excel, surfing the web, few pictures/music. Would like at least a 13" screen and Windows 7 or 8 works. I'm looking to spend 300-500 for something decent with good reviews. Let me know what you guys think

More about : buy

March 11, 2013 12:01:42 AM

mcb05003 said:
I'm looking to buy a new laptop for school, will mainly use it for microsoft excel, surfing the web, few pictures/music. Would like at least a 13" screen and Windows 7 or 8 works. I'm looking to spend 300-500 for something decent with good reviews. Let me know what you guys think

Look into Lenovo or HP for laptops. They are well built and very reliable.

HP Envy dv6-7218nr 15.6-Inch Laptop
lenovo G580 Notebook
m
l
March 11, 2013 12:01:57 AM

Just get one that you think is best. Spend like 400$ and hopefully that will last you for your school years until you will need to upgrade to a new one
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

March 11, 2013 3:21:28 AM

PLEASE READ THIS. Sorry for CAPS - Wanted to make sure you saw this great deal. I was just browsing through Lenovo Outlet (Where they sell "products that didn't do so well") <-- Means the product just wasn't popular, doesn't necessarily mean it was bad or anything.

I found this great Lenovo with an A10 for $489! It's new!!! Great deal and 1 left. Try browsing through Lenovo outlet (Make sure you check the box "NEW") there are Refurbished and Scratch & Dent items here that you might not want. Prices are great!
March 11, 2013 3:44:54 AM

^That's acutally a pretty good deal, I'd go it.
----
Aside from that, with serious gaming, you have a ton of options. I would focus on the "other" things, like actual usage, go to store and try a few out, full size keyboard or webcam or presence of numberpad or weight, all those other thing that are a big harder to advertise or more individual preference. You find a good deal at local best buy or walmart with a coupon.
m
l
March 11, 2013 3:55:30 AM

Best answer selected by mcb05003.
m
l
!