Why Are My Online Pictures Ghosty

I bought a Dell 4700 with 19" digital flat panel monitor a couple of
months ago. At first, the video and text was nice and sharp.
Something has changed, somehow. The pictures I have stored on my hard
drive still look great, as does the text, but when I'm online most of
the pictures I view look washed out, blury and/or ghosty. I've tried a
few different resolution settings for the display in Control Panel, but
nothing has helped. Any ideas?
3 answers Last reply
More about online pictures ghosty

    joshhemming@fastmail.fm wrote:
    > I bought a Dell 4700 with 19" digital flat panel monitor a couple of
    > months ago. At first, the video and text was nice and sharp.
    > Something has changed, somehow. The pictures I have stored on my hard
    > drive still look great, as does the text, but when I'm online most of
    > the pictures I view look washed out, blury and/or ghosty. I've tried
    > a few different resolution settings for the display in Control Panel,
    > but nothing has helped. Any ideas?

    First run Disk Cleanup just in case it is a Temp Internet Files issue.
    Check Internet Options, Advanced tab. Check these: enable auto image
    resizing, show pictures, smart image dithering. HTH.

    joshhemming@fastmail.fm wrote:
    > I bought a Dell 4700 with 19" digital flat panel monitor a couple of
    > months ago. At first, the video and text was nice and sharp.
    > Something has changed, somehow. The pictures I have stored on my hard
    > drive still look great, as does the text, but when I'm online most of
    > the pictures I view look washed out, blury and/or ghosty. I've tried a
    > few different resolution settings for the display in Control Panel, but
    > nothing has helped. Any ideas?

    High speed dialup?

    <joshhemming@fastmail.fm> wrote in message news:1119499017.940908.31380@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
    >I bought a Dell 4700 with 19" digital flat panel monitor a couple of
    > months ago. At first, the video and text was nice and sharp.
    > Something has changed, somehow. The pictures I have stored on my hard
    > drive still look great, as does the text, but when I'm online most of
    > the pictures I view look washed out, blury and/or ghosty. I've tried a
    > few different resolution settings for the display in Control Panel, but
    > nothing has helped. Any ideas?

    Have you recently added or updated a dialup accelerator? If
    so, check the image compression settings and make sure they
    are what you want.

Dell Computers