Why Are My Online Pictures Ghosty

I bought a Dell 4700 with 19" digital flat panel monitor a couple of
months ago. At first, the video and text was nice and sharp.
Something has changed, somehow. The pictures I have stored on my hard
drive still look great, as does the text, but when I'm online most of
the pictures I view look washed out, blury and/or ghosty. I've tried a
few different resolution settings for the display in Control Panel, but
nothing has helped. Any ideas?

joshhemming@fastmail.fm wrote:
> I bought a Dell 4700 with 19" digital flat panel monitor a couple of
> months ago. At first, the video and text was nice and sharp.
> Something has changed, somehow. The pictures I have stored on my hard
> drive still look great, as does the text, but when I'm online most of
> the pictures I view look washed out, blury and/or ghosty. I've tried
> a few different resolution settings for the display in Control Panel,
> but nothing has helped. Any ideas?

First run Disk Cleanup just in case it is a Temp Internet Files issue.
Check Internet Options, Advanced tab. Check these: enable auto image
resizing, show pictures, smart image dithering. HTH.

joshhemming@fastmail.fm wrote:
> I bought a Dell 4700 with 19" digital flat panel monitor a couple of
> months ago. At first, the video and text was nice and sharp.
> Something has changed, somehow. The pictures I have stored on my hard
> drive still look great, as does the text, but when I'm online most of
> the pictures I view look washed out, blury and/or ghosty. I've tried a
> few different resolution settings for the display in Control Panel, but
> nothing has helped. Any ideas?

High speed dialup?

<joshhemming@fastmail.fm> wrote in message news:1119499017.940908.31380@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>I bought a Dell 4700 with 19" digital flat panel monitor a couple of
> months ago. At first, the video and text was nice and sharp.
> Something has changed, somehow. The pictures I have stored on my hard
> drive still look great, as does the text, but when I'm online most of
> the pictures I view look washed out, blury and/or ghosty. I've tried a
> few different resolution settings for the display in Control Panel, but
> nothing has helped. Any ideas?

Have you recently added or updated a dialup accelerator? If
so, check the image compression settings and make sure they
are what you want.