i730 "Airplane Mode"

Last response: in Network Providers
October 23, 2004 8:13:35 PM

My wife and I have identical i730 phones from NEXTEL. She usually keeps
hers "OFF" when not actually in use. When she powers up the phone, it is
frequently in "Airplane Mode" (i.e. does not allow calls; permits
application use only). It only takes a few seconds to turn "Airplane Mode"
off, but it is bewildering. Does anyone know the cause of this? Thanks!

More about : i730 airplane mode

Anonymous
October 28, 2004 9:37:50 AM

Andrew Wood <awood@NOSPAMalltel.net> wrote:
> My wife and I have identical i730 phones from NEXTEL. She usually
> keeps hers "OFF" when not actually in use. When she powers up the
> phone, it is frequently in "Airplane Mode" (i.e. does not allow
> calls; permits application use only). It only takes a few seconds to
> turn "Airplane Mode" off, but it is bewildering. Does anyone know
> the cause of this? Thanks!

Mine used to do that too. I did the update and it stopped doing it.

Now it just eats batteries and is slow to enter things.
If I didn't have GPS I would go back to my I90 in a minute.
Anonymous
November 3, 2004 12:28:06 AM

"Trai' La' Trash" <uAintSpamminMe@aol.com> wrote in message
> Andrew Wood <awood@NOSPAMalltel.net> wrote:
> > My wife and I have identical i730 phones from NEXTEL. She usually
> > keeps hers "OFF" when not actually in use. When she powers up the
> > phone, it is frequently in "Airplane Mode" (i.e. does not allow
> > calls; permits application use only). It only takes a few seconds to
> > turn "Airplane Mode" off, but it is bewildering. Does anyone know
> > the cause of this? Thanks!
>
> Mine used to do that too. I did the update and it stopped doing it.
>
> Now it just eats batteries and is slow to enter things.
> If I didn't have GPS I would go back to my I90 in a minute.

Yep. These java phones are slooooooow.
November 3, 2004 1:32:56 AM

In message <10ogr36phqhb61c@news.supernews.com> "an admin too"
<stop-spam-please_kilbyfan@aol.com> wrote:

>Yep. These java phones are slooooooow.

What does Java have to do with it?

--
This space intentionally left blank.
Anonymous

On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 22:32:56 -0700, DevilsPGD <devilspgd@crazyhat.net>
said in alt.cellular.nextel:

>In message <10ogr36phqhb61c@news.supernews.com> "an admin too"
><stop-spam-please_kilbyfan@aol.com> wrote:

>>Yep. These java phones are slooooooow.

>What does Java have to do with it?

The phone i running java script in an interpreter - much slower than
running machine code written in assembler (or even in C), but java
script programmers come cheaper.
Anonymous
November 4, 2004 6:43:42 AM

In message <t89jo0hepeqqjh2mletvrl6uqp5kec3hrd@4ax.com> Al Klein
<rukbat@verizon.net> wrote:

>>>Yep. These java phones are slooooooow.
>
>>What does Java have to do with it?
>
>The phone i running java script in an interpreter - much slower than
>running machine code written in assembler (or even in C), but java
>script programmers come cheaper.

I might be wrong, but I'm not aware of any iDEN phones which use Java
internally for their own interface.

--
Politicians, like diapers, have to be changed frequently,
and for the very same reason.