HELP!

G

Nowhere can I find a list of graphic cards that are 1.3 volt. None of the manufacturer web sites even list the voltage. I just ordered a new MB that requires a 1.3 Volt AGP 4x card and cannot figure out, for the life of me, which boards qualify. After a day of searching I found out that my old Viper V770 Rev. A is 3.3 volts. What is a good, cheap, board that qualifies?????

svol

Champion
I think it doesn't matter which card you use, according to my mobo manual AGP 2X is 3.3V and AGP 4X is 1.5V, and I have a GeForce2 MX. Your Viper V770 is AGP 2X so 3.3V and all the cards out today which are AGP 4X will probably be 1.5V.
But which motherboard do you have?

My case has so many fans that it hovers above the ground :eek: .

G

svol -
Abit BW7 i845 P4 Skt 423 SDRAM ATX Motherboard w/Audio

Intel P4 1.30GHz 400MHz System Bus Skt 423 Processor

Just ordered them and they haven't got here yet. From what I read, I'm afraid to stick the Viper V770 into it. Trying to figure out a least costly substitute without geting an absolute dog.

FUGGER

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
You can use any video card as long as it is AGP 4x.

You cannot install a AGP 2x card in that motherboard.

www.newegg.com

check out the Visiontek GTS-V xtasy for 70 after shipping.

This is about the best bang for the buck currently in video cards. avoid the MX.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
If you had the 770Ultra, I know for sure that it would support AGP4x and has jumpers for the 1.5v necessary. Newer cards do the switching automatically.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
OT: Fugger, may I be the first to congratulate you! By legimiately replying to another person and by avoiding any insults in the process, I (and perhaps most people here) no longer consider you a troll. You are quickly becoming a useful, valued member of this community. I would like to take back any insults I've ever made against you. I am deeply sorry.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

G

It is my understanding that the Viper V770 32 MEG, Rev A board is 4x, 3.3 volt, but WILL fit in the slot. It is supposed to be one of very few boards made that way.