xp home edition

i have a laptop from tiny with xp home edition on. A couple of days ago i
booted it up only to be confronted with an error message stating that
explorer.exe has caused a violation and can not be loaded. It then boots into
the dektop but no icons or taskbar will load. I can ctrl+alt delete to getthe
task manager to load but then still can't load explorer.exe please help

"Lys" wrote:

> If you have the XP disc (possibly a recovery CD or something of that ilk if
> it is from Tiny) try booting to it and running a repair on the Windows
> installation. That should hopefully resolve the problem.
>
> "simon j" wrote:
>
> > i have a laptop from tiny with xp home edition on. A couple of days ago i
> > booted it up only to be confronted with an error message stating that
> > explorer.exe has caused a violation and can not be loaded. It then boots into
> > the dektop but no icons or taskbar will load. I can ctrl+alt delete to getthe
> > task manager to load but then still can't load explorer.exe please help
> >
> > no i don't it wasn't supplied with the laptop unfortunately i have contacted them and they've said it should have been supplied by the store i bought it from but as yet nothing. So failed that one

Ah right.

That could be a problem then as without your original OS there won't be much
you can do, without buying another XP Home ed. disc....

"simon j" wrote:

> "Lys" wrote:
>
> > If you have the XP disc (possibly a recovery CD or something of that ilk if
> > it is from Tiny) try booting to it and running a repair on the Windows
> > installation. That should hopefully resolve the problem.
> >
> > "simon j" wrote:
> >
> > > i have a laptop from tiny with xp home edition on. A couple of days ago i
> > > booted it up only to be confronted with an error message stating that
> > > explorer.exe has caused a violation and can not be loaded. It then boots into
> > > the dektop but no icons or taskbar will load. I can ctrl+alt delete to getthe
> > > task manager to load but then still can't load explorer.exe please help
> > >
> > > no i don't it wasn't supplied with the laptop unfortunately i have contacted them and they've said it should have been supplied by the store i bought it from but as yet nothing. So failed that one

thedon57

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005

simon j wrote:
> *i have a laptop from tiny with xp home edition on. A couple of days
> ago i
> booted it up only to be confronted with an error message stating
> that
> explorer.exe has caused a violation and can not be loaded. It then
> boots into
> the dektop but no icons or taskbar will load. I can ctrl+alt delete
> to getthe
> task manager to load but then still can't load explorer.exe please
> help *
Hi can you give the error number or stop message you get, then will be
able to help you.

--
thedon57

simon j Wrote:
> i have a laptop from tiny with xp home edition on. A couple of days ago
> booted it up only to be confronted with an error message stating that
> explorer.exe has caused a violation and can not be loaded. It then
> boots into
> the dektop but no icons or taskbar will load. I can ctrl+alt delete to
> getthe
> task manager to load but then still can't load explorer.exe please help

Hi simon j

Go into safe mode and see if anything loads.

http://tinyurl.com/3px9

--
TJolly