Clearing the "Run" Box

Rick,

The RunMRU entries can be erased by by clearing the Recent documents list in
the Start Menu and Taskbar Properties. See this KB for more information:

Display, Use, and Clear "My Recent Documents" on the Start Menu in XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307875

To remove these RunMRU entries selectively, open Regedit.exe and navigate to
the following location. Highlight and delete the entries in the right-pane.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \
Explorer \ RunMRU

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Rick" <rick@mynews.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to clear the "Run" box (Start > Run) of previous entries?
>
> Thanks,
> Rick

then there's always
right click blank area on the bottom task bar near the clock,
properties, Start Menu, Customize, Clear

> Rick,
>
> The RunMRU entries can be erased by by clearing the Recent documents list
> in the Start Menu and Taskbar Properties. See this KB for more
> information:
>
> Display, Use, and Clear "My Recent Documents" on the Start Menu in XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307875
>
> To remove these RunMRU entries selectively, open Regedit.exe and navigate
> to the following location. Highlight and delete the entries in the
> right-pane.
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \
> Explorer \ RunMRU
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "Rick" <rick@mynews.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there a way to clear the "Run" box (Start > Run) of previous entries?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Rick

It should be:

Start Menu, Customize, *Advanced*, Clear List

BTW, I've included that note in my previous response.

Ref link : http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307875

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"bumtracks" <lost@disney.lan> wrote in message
> then there's always
> right click blank area on the bottom task bar near the clock,
> properties, Start Menu, Customize, Clear
>
> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> wrote in message
>> Rick,
>>
>> The RunMRU entries can be erased by by clearing the Recent documents list
>> in the Start Menu and Taskbar Properties. See this KB for more
>> information:
>>
>> Display, Use, and Clear "My Recent Documents" on the Start Menu in XP
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307875
>>
>> To remove these RunMRU entries selectively, open Regedit.exe and navigate
>> to the following location. Highlight and delete the entries in the
>> right-pane.
>> HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \
>> Explorer \ RunMRU
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
>> Windows XP Shell/User
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>

>> "Rick" <rick@mynews.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Is there a way to clear the "Run" box (Start > Run) of previous entries?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Rick

draticus

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
I've been searching for hours and can only find the same solutions and they do not work. I'm NOT wanting to clear my recent documents (START>documents). I'm wanting to clear the START>run history. I've used tweakxp. I've gone to HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Explorer \ RunMRU and there are no entries other than default yet if I click on the start menu, go to run, and type in "c" I see every single file that's ever been run on my computer(thousands of them) even though they were never run via START>run. This is what I'm wanting to clear and I've been to 20 different discussion boards and have yet to find an answer.

I'm running Windows XP Pro SP3

Download ccleaner.
http://www.piriform.com/

Using the cleaner option-->windows tab-->uncheck all the boxes you don't want cleared. There is an option specifically for run (in start menu). Click 'run cleaner' down at the bottom, and it will clean it out.