Winlogon.exe pegs CPU

Ok. So i have a laptop that boots up and the winlogon.exe process is at 99%
and will not release, I have ran virus checkers and Spy ware checkers and I
am not finding anything. If i boot to safe mode I can get the computer to do
something but It won't respond when the processor is pegged. Help me!
--
Information Services Manager
1 answer Last reply

    Try creating a new profile, and then copy over

    811151 - How to Copy User Data to a New User Profile:

    Mark L. Ferguson
    "Shallnot" <Shallnot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64985A34-A263-4A23-8B87-558335063580@microsoft.com...
    > Ok. So i have a laptop that boots up and the winlogon.exe process is at 99%
    > and will not release, I have ran virus checkers and Spy ware checkers and I
    > am not finding anything. If i boot to safe mode I can get the computer to do
    > something but It won't respond when the processor is pegged. Help me!
    > --
    > Information Services Manager

Windows XP