Overclocking the Radeon 8500

Brad

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Now that my new system is built, running great, stable, with no problems, it's time to do the only thing that a nut like me does to a perfectly good system. Overclock it.

First will be the 8500.

I have installed a tool I got off the Rage3d.com site called 'Rage 3d Tweak'.

The overclocking tab on this app reports that my 'Core clock' and 'Memory clock' are both running at 249.8 mhz.

Have any of you overclocked this card and what clock speeds did you reach. This will give me some idea of what shoot for.

Thanks.

<font color=purple><b>Brad</b></font color=purple>

TWC

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2001
sounds like you got a oem board, I would shoot for 275/275, but you may want to take it in 5or 10mhz increments. My retail runs at 300/300 no prob.

You`ll get nothing and like it.

FatBurger

Illustrious
Is it an Ati OEM, or the Powercolor card? If it's Ati, I can email you the OEM-->Retail BIOS flash. That'll bump you up to 275/275, and you can go from there.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

FUGGER

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
The OEM -> retail bios flash will increase your voltage settings, thus giving you better stability at higher speeds than you would be able to with the stock OEM card.

FatBurger

Illustrious
I think it's the same RAM, but I don't own one, so I can't be sure.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

FatBurger

Illustrious
Send me an email, I'll reply with the flash util. It's around 600k.

FUGGER

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Here is the <A HREF="http://www.home.zonnet.nl/Hoek89/" target="_new">instructions</A>.
He used to host the file with that exact same file name. So searh the net for 'FlashRadeon8500.ZIP' and you can find it quickly.

FatBurger

Illustrious
I already emailed it to him, but thanks for the link.