I'm trying to create a custom toolbar that will sit on the taskbar. My
overall goal is to make this happen via logon scripts etc, so i dont have to
go around to all the logged on users and manually do this 100 times.

When we first imaged the machines when we upgraded to xp, I had the toolbar
already there, but I was not using a mapped drive and was using a unc path.
Now we upgraded servers and the toolbar will fail as soon as I turn off the
old server. So I'm trying to recreate this..

However, when I create the new toolbar, I cannot determine where it gets
installed. I have searched the registry high and low and cannot find any
reference to this toolbar.

Does anyone have any knowledge on where I can locate this in the registry..?
Or anywhere else for that matter..?

Thanks for your time
Scott

if you are talking about the "quick launch" toolbar, it is located by
default in:

c:\documents & settings\username\application data\microsoft\internet
explorer\quick launch (... WHEW)

if you want new users to always have it put it in this path in DEFAULT USER.