Custom Toolbars on task bar in xp

I'm trying to create a custom toolbar that will sit on the taskbar. My
overall goal is to make this happen via logon scripts etc, so i dont have to
go around to all the logged on users and manually do this 100 times.

When we first imaged the machines when we upgraded to xp, I had the toolbar
already there, but I was not using a mapped drive and was using a unc path.
Now we upgraded servers and the toolbar will fail as soon as I turn off the
old server. So I'm trying to recreate this..

However, when I create the new toolbar, I cannot determine where it gets
installed. I have searched the registry high and low and cannot find any
reference to this toolbar.

Does anyone have any knowledge on where I can locate this in the registry..?
Or anywhere else for that matter..?

Thanks for your time
Scott
1 answer Last reply
More about custom toolbars task

    if you are talking about the "quick launch" toolbar, it is located by
    default in:

    c:\documents & settings\username\application data\microsoft\internet
    explorer\quick launch (... WHEW)

    if you want new users to always have it put it in this path in DEFAULT USER.

    "Scott Weber" <scott@thanksal.com> wrote in message

    > I'm trying to create a custom toolbar that will sit on the taskbar. My
    > overall goal is to make this happen via logon scripts etc, so i dont have
    > go around to all the logged on users and manually do this 100 times.
    >
    > When we first imaged the machines when we upgraded to xp, I had the
    toolbar
    > already there, but I was not using a mapped drive and was using a unc
    path.
    > Now we upgraded servers and the toolbar will fail as soon as I turn off
    the
    > old server. So I'm trying to recreate this..
    >
    > However, when I create the new toolbar, I cannot determine where it gets
    > installed. I have searched the registry high and low and cannot find any
    > reference to this toolbar.
    >
    > Does anyone have any knowledge on where I can locate this in the
    registry..?
    > Or anywhere else for that matter..?
    >
    > Thanks for your time
    > Scott