Blue hardware screen

Ok, I load windows, and it goes to the little line thing, scrolling
across, and then, after 3 seconds or so, goes to a screen,saying:

(Something like)
Hardware problem,

If you recently installed new hardware, take it out, and restart.
If this is the first time youve seen this message, reboot.

I took a modem out of my old pc, and put it in my newest (this one now)
and i think this has caused it..Short circuit or something?

HELP!

--
Sanjo113

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;297185

The above link is a Microsoft Knowledge base article on that error message,
hope it helps you...