Can't activate my XP screen saver

Leo

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2001

Can anyone help me activate my MS XP screen saver on my computer. It does
not kick in even though I've selected the XP saver window and set a 4 minute
activation time?
--
Savoyard

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;326719
Screen Saver May Not Start in Windows XP

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_s.htm#ss
Troubleshooting Screen Saver Issues in XP

Posting from another user by the name of David:
”I figured out what the problem is. It's the Microsoft Wireless Mouse. If I switch
the mouse to one with a tail the screensaver works.”
then David posted again
”I got a fix. I changed to connection to the computer using the USB to PS2 adapter
that came with the mouse. Now I get the screensaver. I would be interested to find
out why this works.”