Radeon 8500 Texture Irregularities

G

I spent 180 bucks on the new ati 8500 card. . . in all my games I notice some flickering textures, distortions, and other little anomilies. Is this simply driver related (I have tried the newest and the one before) and being addressed? When you spend this kind of money, you expect a good picture. Can someone please tell me what I should do? Should I ditch this card and go for the Ti 200? I can only spend 200 dollars. Please Help.

G

Need more details. What is your system specs, what games, etc. I recommend going to www.rage3d.com to their forums also, they have good support over there.

Jack Burton is a great man...

LoveGuRu

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2001
well i spent 450$us, on my G3(original) card, and im happy with it.
btw-if at some time ATI will get a hold on their act, i could sell my G3 and get a R8500 without adding anymore cash..
looks like a good upgrade path..

<font color=green>
*K.I.S.S*
*(k)eep (I)t (S)imple (S)tupid*
</font color=green>

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Relax, relax. Don't just throw it out on the first minor problem. It's probably a driver related problem. We need more info on your system to help you fix it. What's your mobo, operating system, did you install the latest ATI drivers?

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

G

check www.rage3d.com, in the Radeon FAQ are the solutions to many Radeon problems.

Quote:
* Unreal engine games (Unreal Tournament, Deus Ex, etc) have flickering ground textures
Make sure Detailed Textures is DISABLED within the game