replacement for Inspiron 8100

I've been using an Inspiron 8100 for about 3 years. The screen has
gone bad and I plan to replace the laptop soon. What current model
would be simular? Is the 9300 any heavier than the 8100?

Thanks
6 answers Last reply
More about replacement inspiron 8100

    The 9300 is an awesome unit! I just took delivery of mine last week and I
    love it. It is heavy, but it's not meant to be a "thin and light" laptop.

    "Buzz" <buzzmicheal@charter.net> wrote in message
    > I've been using an Inspiron 8100 for about 3 years. The screen has
    > gone bad and I plan to replace the laptop soon. What current model
    > would be simular? Is the 9300 any heavier than the 8100?
    >
    > Thanks

    whatever one you get and this is just a suggestion
    a pentium 4 mobil processor is the way to go.
    I have a 600m and it is great, small and light.
    It has a p4 m 1.6, 512meg and a 32 meg video card.

    "Buzz" <buzzmicheal@charter.net> wrote in message
    > I've been using an Inspiron 8100 for about 3 years. The screen has
    > gone bad and I plan to replace the laptop soon. What current model
    > would be simular? Is the 9300 any heavier than the 8100?
    >
    > Thanks

    Splitting hairs her, but your system has the Pentium M, a completely
    different cpu from the Pentium 4-M and a much better cpu all around.

    On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 11:33:56 -0400, Buzz <buzzmicheal@charter.net>
    wrote:

    >I've been using an Inspiron 8100 for about 3 years. The screen has
    >gone bad and I plan to replace the laptop soon. What current model
    >would be simular? Is the 9300 any heavier than the 8100?

    Maybe you could extend the warranty. Screen replacement is an easy 30
    minutes for a tech :)

    Dan

    I too have the 9300. It is very, very big. I like it a lot, but wouldn't
    buy it if I was going to actually carry it out of the house very often. I
    have a Thinkpad X40 (2.9 pounds) for that.

    You might want to look at the current model that isn't the 17" wide screen
    (is that the 8600?).

    I highly recommend the Dell Outlet (outlet.dell.com). I bought my very well
    configured 9300 for $1240.

    Tom
    "Kevin" <webman6@hot4mail.com> wrote in message
    > The 9300 is an awesome unit! I just took delivery of mine last week and I
    > love it. It is heavy, but it's not meant to be a "thin and light" laptop.
    >
    > "Buzz" <buzzmicheal@charter.net> wrote in message
    >> I've been using an Inspiron 8100 for about 3 years. The screen has
    >> gone bad and I plan to replace the laptop soon. What current model
    >> would be simular? Is the 9300 any heavier than the 8100?
    >>
    >> Thanks

    Not what you were asking for, but you could replace the CCFL tube in the LCD
    for only $20.
    http://home.comcast.net/~stonent/screenfix.htm

    > I've been using an Inspiron 8100 for about 3 years. The screen has
    > gone bad and I plan to replace the laptop soon. What current model
    > would be simular? Is the 9300 any heavier than the 8100?

Dell Laptops Inspiron Computers